Closed Thread
Page 1 of 1056 1234567891011511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

Pet Peeves

We all have so many so lets share them.

I would like to point out that the original floor mop substitute with the disposable cloths is called a "Swiffer".
    That's Swiffer, SWIFFER, not SwifTer.

Thank you.

I live in a small town, and most of the time I can deal with this, but when I'm in a hurry (49% of the time) It drives me crazy when neighbors stop their cars on the road to chat, blocking traffic in both directions. I HATE to honk, as I find that rude, but come on and wrap it up already, I know you see me!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

The same thing happens on a smaller scale at grocery stores or Walmart etc.
    People completely block the aisle and give you a filthy look when you ask to get past.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    OH NO! Pet peeves?

Mine are people in the grocery store that get in the express line when it's obvious they have more than 15 items (and I'm not talking about when the clerk asks the person to come in the line ). OR when the person gets to the front and waits until the clerk has completely checked them out before they even begin to get their checkbook out.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

That drives me mad too BF, plus checkout assistant who talk to each other while they're scanning your stuff.
    "That's Numberwang!"

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Or are obviously having a personal conversation WHILE you are waiting to check something out, or buy something in a retail store.

Here's one of my many driving pet peeves...

People that sit in the right hand turning lane. It's a red light, you want to turn and they are sitting there. Um, you don't sit in the left hand turning lane if you're not turning left, so don't sit in the RIGHT hand turning lane. I know that in the end, it's only saving me 2 minutes tops, but sometimes, I just wanna go.

:rolleyes

People who press the button at a pedestrian crossing then just dash across the road as soon as it's clear and I end up having to wait on a red light with no one crossing.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I hate it when you call the cable company and... oh, never mind.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Originally posted by cali
    I live in a small town, and most of the time I can deal with this, but when I'm in a hurry (49% of the time) It drives me crazy when neighbors stop their cars on the road to chat, blocking traffic in both directions. I HATE to honk, as I find that rude, but come on and wrap it up already, I know you see me!
    Cali, that's one of the things I forgot I hated about small-town life until I moved back here. I've had it 4 times now, and I've only been here for what, 3 or 4 weeks? Annoying, when you want to get somewhere, like home, and they're sitting in the middle of the road.

Sigh.

Closed Thread