Closed Thread
Page 7 of 1056 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617571075071007 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

Ooooooo! I know this is your pet peeve! It does not matter who you are....Don't you hate it when you are in a theater and the movie starts and there is one really loud person who will not shut up! Now I do not even like the words shut up, but would love to go tell that person to, "SHUT UP! or leave, please!" Come on ppl, I only get out every once in a long while. Please be considerate of the other moviegoers and do not start a marathon conversation and continue it throughout the movie that we all paid to see. And for goodness sake wear deoderant to the movies. Tight quarters, means all should be concious of their hygien.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

JR.
    I'll come right out and say it, I hate kids.

It goes beyond restaurant/theater to any place that loud, out of control behavior is unnecessary.

But something just as bad, is listening to parents go on and on gushing about how smart/funny/talented their children are. They're not my kids, I don't care, I don't want to hear it.

I hate to see people driving and using cell phones at the same time. People get killed that way.
    That's a huge tick of mine.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    People who ride the elevator down 1 floor -- for NO apparent reason. (the stairs, btw, are right next to the elevator in my building)

They are not pregnant, they are not on crutches, they are not hosting guests in the building, facilities is not painting the stairwell, the people are just plain lazy.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Oh, and here's another one (I'm on a roll now).

Totally outrageous hold times when calling customer service. I mean, I can wait even 10 minutes especially for places where it's not ALWAYS like that.

Tivo customer service -- they ALWAYS have a 25 minute minimum wait. Hire some more people! Tonight I called in, set the phone down on the table, walked my dog his little mile walk, came back and still ended up waiting another 5-10 minutes before someone came on the line to help.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

But something just as bad, is listening to parents go on and on gushing about how smart/funny/talented their children are. They're not my kids, I don't care, I don't want to hear it.
    But JR, Cali's kids ARE smart, funny, and talented!

I don't mind the gushing about kids, as long as it's not the only thing they can talk about. If they're TOTALLY kid-focused to the point where they can't carry on a conversation about some other topic, then I just need to get out of there. Cali, you're safe!

People who try to look good for the boss by grandstanding and belittlling other people's work. Yep...there's 3 of those people just in my department alone. To keep my sanity, I just have to laugh at people like this.

labtech
    I use to work at a huge teaching hospital here in NC and my department supervisor once told me that I wasn't a team player because I didn't kiss her ass. She then told me that I needed to choose between my family and my career. I told her I didn't kiss anybodys ass, especially hers, and to consider this my 2 week notice. I quit a job I loved after 12 years because of this self-centered b ch! I can't stand people like that and I despise the people who suck-up to people like that worse!!!:fight

Good for you labtech! I also work in a technical area, and ass-kissing is very big in my company. It makes me so mad that people can smooch themselves to the top without even having the foggiest idea of how to do their job. Politics are very big in almost every company. Sometimes I feel "If I can't beat them, join them", but my working ethics kick in, and I realize I just can't and won't do that.

at JR and John... yeah my kids are cool
    Sorry JR!
    I hate when I ask to see someones vacation photos, and they insist on explaining IN DETAIL every aspect of the pic. I can go through a roll of 36 pics in a couple minutes, I don't have time to spend five minutes on every boring picture of YOUR vacation
    Whew, sorry
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Closed Thread