Closed Thread
Page 6 of 1056 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516561065061006 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

LOL labtech. Unfortunately, I'd consider a dog/vet phone call to be important, too...But then, my dog is my kid, since I don't have any kids, and I've had my dog for 10 years.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Since it wasn't an 'emergency' vet call ( In which case my dog thinks he's one of the kids- so he gets close priority) She should have turned it off , especially with equipment that could be impacted.

But the real kicker with cell phones is, when you are in a restaurant or just in a public place, and someone is having what should be an.....ahem.....private conversation on the phone. I hate that. Do these folk think that when the cellphone is attached to their ear, they become invisible or we are suddenly deaf or something?

men are untrainable pigs.
    at least you realize it , most don't . When you point out the gross personal habit type stuff ,you usually get the look of total wonderment ,disbelief and confusion.

You know the old saying...

"Women marry men hoping they'll change...Men marry women hoping they won't."

I can say after almost 11 years of marriage, my wife has changed quite a bit about me (I actually put clothes in the hamper and put dishes away!), but not nearly as much as she's tried.

as paulie's head explodes
    We regret to inform you that the user known as Paulie was killed today while reading a post about Sher's blonde body hair. Investigators are scraping up pieces of his shredded skull as we speak.

Please post responsibly.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Incidentally, I don't go in for the facial hair thing and (thankfully) neither does my wife. I once grew a mustache over Christmas break as a joke. I looked like Nathaniel Hawthorne. It was ridiculous. I shaved it off in the airport.

Cut myself shaving this morning, though. Right under my left nostril. It hurts, it won't stop bleeding, and it looks like I have an unmarked bogey on my face. Cutting yourself while shaving. That's my peeve of the day.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

John,
    I so understand your peeve about small children in restaraunts. Parents should make sure that the children understand how to act before they go to a public place. Please, remember though that every child has to have a FIRST TIME in a nice restaraunt and, though we try, parents do not really have any control over what the children do, as they have minds of their own. I have left restaraunts with both children in hand in the middle of the meal as my husband paid the check and got togo containers. I am definately a mother that will eat my cold food at home after I put the kids to bed rather than ruin everyone elses evening by yelling at fussing kids in the restaraunt. I cannot stand being out on an a rare date with my husband at a nice restaraunt and having children running around my table and the parents ignoring it or just saying,"Oh! isn't Brick just such a cutie when he plays hide and seek in your lap?" I think that the nicest restaraunt my children have ever been in is Chili'sor maybe The Olive Garden. We try to take the children only when they have taken a nap and are on their best behavior.
    Last edited by Feifer; 09-25-2002 at 11:32 AM.

I am allergic to small kids
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I'm about ready to scream.

I HATE 95% of ALL RADIO ANNOUNCERS.

I hate the ones that don't know the song titles
    I hate the ones that mispronounce names like, "Shakira" (Shack -EYE - ra) :rolleyes
    I hate the ones that sound fake
    I hate the ones that think they have a sexy voice
    I REALLY hate the ones that think they are funny
    I hate the station that we play at work that feels the need to call themselves THE NEW STAR FM even though they've been around for about 4-5 years

Just play the stupid songs.

we now return to your regular scheduled bitching
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Ili! I am allergic to other peoples small kids.
    My kids were always well behaved at restaraunts. I think my husband and I were always strict with them when they were younger. They knew exactly what was expected BEFORE we went anywhere. I often recieved compliments (I still do, but they are older now

Another pet peeve I have is when I compliment a childs behavior in front of the child, to the parent and the response I get is "Yeah, well he's usually so rotten" or " HA! s/he is having a good day, you should see them at home". GOD, that bugs me. Don't call your kid rotten, ESPECIALLY when they are being GOOD!!!!!! When I receive compliments I say "Thank-you, I really have lucked out with some great kids" Then I smile at me kids, who are invariably smiling too.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Oooooh Cali, that is also a huge pet peeve of mine.

My mother's favourite sport was putting me down as a child. To her friends, to my family, in private, whatever. It took an awful lot of time to work through some of that damage. I had the lowest self-esteem and still do struggle.

At the time, she thought it was an incentive for me to be better behaved, (I was already very well behaved anyway) but I don't think she knew how much it hurt to always be told you couldn't do anything right.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Closed Thread