Closed Thread
Page 55 of 1056 FirstFirst ... 54546474849505152535455565758596061626364651051555551055 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

smoking peeve: people who are on social assistance, using the food banks (thankgoodnesswehavethem) or letting their children go without.. but they never go without their cigarettes.
    (I had to allow a sick child come to daycare today because mom called and told me they had no food in the house, I am not going to let a 16 month old go without food.. mom happily drove away after dropping off said infant.. SMOKING a frikkin cigarette.. home rolled or store bought I dont care- a parent has no right to put their selfish habit before their child's welfare)
    ok /endrant
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    smoking peeve: ..... mom happily drove away after dropping off said infant.. SMOKING a frikkin cigarette.. home rolled or store bought I dont care- a parent has no right to put their selfish habit before their child's welfare)
    ok /endrant
    There's nothing "better" than seeing a pregnant mother chain smoke.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    Without getting into a whole thing with people here, one of my biggest pet peeves as a smoker are the people who, despite any relationship with me - or lack thereof - take it upon themselves to let me know just how awful it is that I'm smoking. "That isn't good for you, you know." Get outta town. Really? It's called personal choice. If I choose to indulge in a bad habit ... well ... I fail to see how that's anyone's business but mine.

And before anyone jumps down my smoke-and-carcinogen-ridden throat about "your smoke affects people outside of yourself", know that I'm referring to the people who have said this to me *in my own home*. Or in bars. Or as I sat on the porch of friends. Basically, the people who were so holier-than-thou that they felt as though they somehow had the right to pass judgment.

Very frustrating.

I don't smoke, never have even smoked one cig. But if you want to smoke, go nuts. Just not in my house or car. If you want to go on the veranda or porch - that is just polite. And in a bar? Isn't that what bars are for? Well, that and drinking as much as you possibly can and walk out the door w/o tripping over the chairs and bumping into the walls. Smoke on, my friend. (ps - see my PM)

A few years ago a friend of mines step mom, who everyone hated even my friend, had her son in the car with her driving him to school. She had no windows down and her kid in the back seat while she was smoking and filling the car with smoke. I couldn't believe someone would do that to their child.

I agree with most of you about people smoking and holding the cigeratte right by your face or not watching where they put the lit end. Also people who smoke in your own house or car. I occasionaly have a cigar and only do it outside no matter where I am. My huge pet peeve is people who: Think its cool to smoke, constantly try to get you to smoke ( a friend of mine keeps bugging me to smoke pot with he and never gives up, the guy has smoked himself stupid ), smokes in someone else house or car and someone who blows smoke in your face or direction.

I don't mind people who smoke just stupid people who smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse_85

I think this sums up my feelings on the subject. I smoked for a long time and would probably still smoke if I had just myself to think about. However, I never smoked in crowds or non-smoking areas or any other inappropriate place. My husband still smokes and is also 'polite' with his smoking. He doesn't even smoke in our house, our cars, or around my daughter. He goes outdoors to smoke no matter what the weather. I've seen people who smoke that are rude buffoons who don't care about anyone else, including their own children. However,not all smokers are uncaring about how smoke affects others. I can't fault my husband for his inability to quit (don't throw stones at smokers who can't quit, it's supposed to be more addictive than heroin), but I would have faulted him if he would have tried to smoke around her.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse_85
    I can't stand smoking, I think it's filthy and nasty. But if you're going to do it that is your choice. Just be considerate about it. Don't hang your cigarette out your car window, if I'm behind you it does come into my car, don't have a lit cigarette in a crowd and for gosh sakes if it says NO SMOKING don't smoke!

FORT Fogey
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial]On the smoking thread...yes, smoking is bad for you, but goodnesss, there is nothing worse than a "reformed" smoker, the ones that go around like it is their personal mission from above to personally belittle and berate everyone else in the free world to quit smoking. I say, as long as you are not an idiot about it, and do it politely, smoke on...

Okay, so there is an interesting conversation going on in current events about appropriateness of some news broadcasts, which made me think of one of my biggest pet peeves...when a reporter gets on the news and tells people how to do stupid things. Like, "the student made the bomb from directions he got on line at blahblahblah.com (sure they can find it on their own, but why make it that much easier?)," or when we are at war, "this is the plan that our troops have to attack, but they are worried about x, because that is a weak spot," or "local students have been doing 'whip-its', which is done by inhaling....and they are purchasing these at so and so store on Anywhere Avenue." I am not making these up, I swear. That just does not make sense to me...

And, while I am on my soap box, cell phones. Yes, they are great and convenient, but I used to wait tables, and you would not believe how rude people can be. Sure, I have all the time in the world to wait for you to finish your call to take your order, because you are so obviously the only customer I have. Or people who are on cell phones in line at the store, and can't finish checking out because they are busy going "No! He did what?!" And why is it that people think that no one else in the world can hear their conversation when they are on the cell phone? On campus, you hear people say things like, "Yeah, guess what Billy and I did?....but don't tell anyone." I just want to say, "Honey, you just told the entire library." [FONT=Arial]

Ahhh, I hate those news casts too scarlett!!

Yeah, harassing me about my smoking can be hazardous to your health.

Anyhoo…

Pet Peeve Of The Day

People who let their kids run in parking lots. Yesterday (or the day before…) there was a woman in charge of 3 young kids, I assume they were hers, but I don’t know. Anyway, two of them, probably 4 and 5, were running around playing tag in the parking lot. I almost hit one, or rather since I was watching, one of them almost hit me! The mom just screams at them. I on the other hand told them they needed to stay right next to their mother in a parking lot because they are very dangerous places. They ran to her, but only for a second. AAAARRRRGGGGGGG
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Leo
    Premium Member
    Spam trying to sell me the Paris Hilton tape.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    I agree with the "inconsiderate smoker" stuff as well. Smoke if you want, just consider others that don't.

Some of my other peeves:

1) rude people that work in retail businesses. Ya think you need to have a different job?
    2) people that beg for money on the street that go and buy beer as soon as they can (or there's one guy I see everyday that is obviously homeless and looks like a grizzly bear and I feel for that, but I see him with a can of beer talking on a cell phone!)
    3) people that feel that feel "entitlement" without working for it (not worth explaining because it would be a rant)
    4) people that leave their children in cars while they "just run into a store"-I work in retail and this happens a lot more than it should
    5) people that keep having babies (with different people) and live on welfare; go to the free clinic and get birth control or stop having sex until you get your life together!
    6) people that lie or steal or are lazy
    7) rocks that hit your windshield or dings on your car doors

Closed Thread