Closed Thread
Page 51 of 1056 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051525354555657585960611011515511051 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

Um, I took the test, and now I'm worried

On Topic: People who are shocked to hear that I have not started shopping for the holidays yet.
    I am very happy for them if they are done, but why do people feel the need to give me a hard time for not starting yet? I WILL get it done :rolleyes.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Since this thread got dug up again -

I can't stand people who drive to fast in the snow. Just because you have an SUV doesn't mean that driving through the snow will be the same as driving on dry road. And 4 wheel drive or not you still can't stop on ice. Most of these morons are probably crappy drivers in good weather anyway.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drkim
    As an extremely anal person, I'll just give you my top ten.

3. Finding recyclable items in trash cans.
    Ponders why Dr kim is looking in trash cans???

My sweet little retired neighbors have an email account.

They don't use it for any good purpose that I can see except to forward *crap* to everyone on their list. There's like a whole subculture of people forwarding things to one another .. based on the length of the headers that preceed their messages .. you know with endless >>>>> marks

So lately everytime I am able, I go to snopes.com, find the link which disproves their missive and hit 'reply all' and send the link to snopes back to everyone on their list.

Do you think this is a bad thing? I'm wondering if I'll get baked goods from her for Christmas this year.

That's a good idea Bumpkin. I just might have to try it. I don't know which email forwards are worse, the ridiculous 'urban myth' type or the sickening 'heatwarming story' ones
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

I like the "forward this or you're cursed" ones personally...
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I can't stand toothpaste in the bathroom sink....it's a big pet peeve.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    Okay, I have to bump this thread because I want to vent. I really positively truly can't stand when you're telling a story, and whoever you're talking to HAS to fire back with a similar story of their own.
    In my family we call that the "Oh, Yeah?" game. Whatever your story is someone always tries to one up you. As an example, your "I went on safari in Kenya" would be answered by "OH, yeah, well one time I went on safari to Kenya and in the same week climbed Mt. Everest."
    See, I was just guilty of the same thing.

That's exactly what it's like, Unklescott.

Just as an example, yesterday one of the girls in our lab was talking about a recent death in the family. The girl who was the catalyst for my original post starts saying things like "Well, when MY mom died, we did this, that and the other thing." Hey genius, it isn't about you right now. Ugh. Seriously makes me want to tell her off.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    That's exactly what it's like, Unklescott.

Just as an example, yesterday one of the girls in our lab was talking about a recent death in the family. The girl who was the catalyst for my original post starts saying things like "Well, when MY mom died, we did this, that and the other thing." Hey genius, it isn't about you right now. Ugh. Seriously makes me want to tell her off.
    Wow. That's an especially inappropriate time to try to one-up someone. Some people have no class at all.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Closed Thread