Closed Thread

Thread: Pet Peeves

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    Fast food restaurants that don't give out napkins with the order.
    This just happened to us Friday night at the Arby's drive through. After we got our order I pulled ahead before I looked in the bags because there were cars behind me, and then discovered that we had no napkins. So I stopped the car right there, got out and ran inside and grabbed a handful of napkins, and then on my way out waved them in front of the drive through workers and yelled "Napkins?... " at them. Mr. Marleybone was slinking down in his seat at the sight of me acting like a crazy woman, but gawd that was satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    Fast food restaurants that don't give out napkins with the order.
    Or they give you ONE or TWO thin, flimsy napkins. Also, when what you are eating requires a fork and they don't give you one.....you can't eat your food "on the go" then. Defeats the whole purpose of getting it.....to go.

Quote Originally Posted by covaleski
    I'll add fast food restaurants that don't give out condiments.
    Oh yes! Definitely annoying. Or they have a microscopic little sign that says "Condiments available upon request" and you don't see it until after you walk off. Will it HURT them to ask, knowing you will need such items and might forget? Whatever happened to good customer service?

I can't remember where I was, maybe McDonald's a few years ago, but I like salad dressing. I have never been the girl that wants everything on the side, fat free, calorie free, flavor free, special order this and that ESPECIALLY when it comes to my ranch dressing. They gave this tiny tiny little package of ranch dressing (like the size of a ketchup package, maybe a little bit bigger, but not much) and I asked if I could have another, and they told me they'd have to charge me 50 cents for another packet. Insannnity.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Covaleskie
    I'll add fast food restaurants that don't give out condiments.
    We just had Taco Bell open up about a month ago, and twice now they have run out of the little Mild Sauce packets. It's so painful to hear the words "we're out of Mild Sauce." When they give us a huge handful of packets I hoard the extras like a little taco squirrel so I will always have some in case that happens again.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Honestly, their is no meal like the one i can cook myself. But i do enjoy cheese fries form time to time.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    This just happened to us Friday night at the Arby's drive through. After we got our order I pulled ahead before I looked in the bags because there were cars behind me, and then discovered that we had no napkins. So I stopped the car right there, got out and ran inside and grabbed a handful of napkins, and then on my way out waved them in front of the drive through workers and yelled "Napkins?... " at them. Mr. Marleybone was slinking down in his seat at the sight of me acting like a crazy woman, but gawd that was satisfying.
    Done that before. It wasn't for napkins, though. There is a Wendy's by my house that has a bad habit of screwing up every kids meal. The won't give the nuggets or fries and rarely do I get the toy. Last time I went in I raised a big stink and got a blank look. Last time I went back I asked them to check for the toy before they handed me the bag and she had to put one in. Are they instructed not to give toys unless the parent raises a stink? I am tempted not to go back to that one.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

The McDonald's closest to us is like that. You have to check everything every time. They forget straws, napkins, parts of orders, toys when we ordered kids meals or sauce for the nuggets. If you special order something you may as well forget it as they won't get it right. You have to test the shakes before you drive away because they are famous for getting the wrong flavour or one time, having a mix of two flavours. I'm still confused about that one.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Leo
    Premium Member
    Our satellite TV company. It appears that the little box that decodes the signal before feeding it to the TV is broken - and I have no idea when it will be fixed/replaced.

I seem to have bad luck going through a fast food drive through and getting a soda that is not of proper proportions. It is either too syrupy or not enough syrup. I absolutely hate that!

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    We just had Taco Bell open up about a month ago, and twice now they have run out of the little Mild Sauce packets. It's so painful to hear the words "we're out of Mild Sauce." When they give us a huge handful of packets I hoard the extras like a little taco squirrel so I will always have some in case that happens again.
    I really do think you might be lost kin, Marley. As stated above, I don't use a bunch of condiments, but I do like the taco sauce. But anyway, since I don't use sauces, ketchup, and whatnot very much, I save any that I get in a big plastic container in my fridge. Since I live alone, it's such a waste to keep a whole bottle of each for the rare occasion when I want it, or when I have company that might need them. So I have a whole stash of little packs of ketchup, horsey sauce, taco sauce, etc.

My fast food peeve--I hardly ever go to one anymore, but it seems that when I do decide I've got to have fries, they're always stone cold and/or way, way over salted when I get them. Now, after seeing too many of those hidden camera shows, I'm kind of hesitant to go back and complain. I have actually called the restaurant after I got home and asked the manager what the hell is this salty styrofoam you're serving people? I've really got to start getting off my ass and going in the store, so I can ask for hot fries, little salt, and keep an eye on what's happening back there after I make my request.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Since when is please rub my aching feet or sore back an invite for sex?
    Last edited by lildago; 01-14-2007 at 10:29 PM.

Closed Thread