Closed Thread
Page 4 of 1056 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314541045041004 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

I carry the Purrell Hand Sanitizer everywhere I go and I have been known to take it out and have my entire family use it before we eat at the restaraunt; where we all behaved well while others went wacky.

In the restroom I get my paper towels, then wash hands, turn the faucett off with the towel, dry hands with seperate towel, use second towel to open door to go out of the restroom. Then when I get to the table we all sanitize. No I do not have OCD, but I also do not want a strange germ running rampant through my family.

Sid, here's the solution to the e-mail things from friends.

I've made it extremely clear to my family and friends, over and over again, that ANYTHING that comes to me with FWD in the subject line gets deleted unread. I make no exceptions.

If they ask me in person if I read their joke, I say "What joke? OHhhh, you must have sent me something that was forwarded. Nope, I deleted it without reading it."

It's taken a little while, but no one sends me that crap any more.

And kids in public places is a HUGE pet peeve of mine, if they're no well-behaved. My apologies to those of you with kids, but there's no reason on earth for toddlers and under to be in a decent restaurant with parents. Hire a babysitter, or go to Chuck E Cheeses.

Now, if we could just have them stowed on airlines, we'd be there! (Okay, that one was bad, I'm sorry)

In case anyone didn't already know, I'm the "mean neighbor" who keeps the toys kids leave in my yard

And I'm thinking of giving out anti-bark collars to my neighbors with dogs for Xmas. Would that be rude?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Feifer, you and I do the same thing! I brought those Purell handy wipe things to Six Flags yesterday. I joke that I'm OCD all the time, but I'm with you! I don't need those nasty germs!

OH! And this is the most disgusting thing I have ever witnessed. I was so excited to have an ice cream cone yesterday (at the park) and ordered one...they were putting whipped cream on it. Anyway, the pouch wasn't open and the gal couldn't find any scissors. So she opened the top of it WITH HER TEETH, and then proceeded to place the whipped cream on my ice cream squeezing it past the saliva-ridden opening of the bag!!!!!!!!!

I stood there in disbelief and then ran out as fast as I could saying "Forget it!!!"
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Originally posted by John
    Sid, here's the solution to the e-mail things from friends.

I've made it extremely clear to my family and friends, over and over again, that ANYTHING that comes to me with FWD in the subject line gets deleted unread. I make no exceptions.

If they ask me in person if I read their joke, I say "What joke? OHhhh, you must have sent me something that was forwarded. Nope, I deleted it without reading it."
    i actually do that and for the most part it worked. did i hurt some people's feelings in doing so? yeah... but i have NO idea why. i said it in the nicest possible way: "please don't send me any more forwarded jokes. i don't really like them. if they made you laugh, fine. those are the only ones i send, but please clean them up. if i see a "fwd" i will delete it without reading it."

and you know what's interesting? some of the very same people that have complained to me in the past about being inundated with junk mail are the same ones who were offended that i asked them not to send me jokes. weird:

however, re: this mornings mailbox litterer... though i consider her a friendly acquaintance, i blocked her email b/c she simply can't get the hint.:rolleyes:

My grandma was really bad about forwarding me e-mails. She's an e-mail junkie, and has all of her friends sending her hundreds a day. She'd forward about 10 of them on to me (and when I'd complain, she'd say "but I'm only sending you the funniest ones!")

After telling her several times that I wasn't reading them, they were being deleted, I didn't want them, and she was wasting her time even adding me as a recipient of her forwards, she finally got it, and doesn't send them to me any more.

Actually, I don't get jokes from anyone. My wife still does, from some of her friends. And I still get plenty of spam, but I'm working on that as well.

And EWWWW on the whipped cream thing, BF!

I hate people that don't do the speed limit on a road, or go the limit in the fast lane of a highway. GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY!!!!! I can see slowing down in rain or bad weather, but when there isn't a cloud in the sky, the road hasn't seen rain in a coons age, do the damn limit. I go to work and half the time I am behind some moron doing 5-10 mph under the limit for no reason other than being an idiot. They better be glad that Ramming isn't allowed on the roads!!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Kind of on the same track as shersidhe, I hate when people include my email address in mass mailings.

I did NOT give you permission to GIVE my email address to all of your friends! Now along with the crap YOU send me..I have to be nasty to yOUR friends telling them to TAKE MY NAME OFF YOUR FREAKIN LIST!

Thought of one this morning.
    I hate when people say "I could care less" when what they mean is "I could NOT care less". If you COULD care less, then it means you DO care!
    ARRRRG (That's the Rackham in me coming out)

As for the biting off the whip cream thing.
    I got into working for the schools as an aid in the cafateria. I never cooked the crap mind you, just made sure all the kids were civilzed, had napikins, straws etc. Then with some I'd have to help them open stuff. I would get so frustrated at the packaging of so many KIDS lunch items! There were times when I thought "If this was mine I'd bite the damn thing open", But never once actually DID it!!!!! Of course after a while I was smart enough to where a pair of scissors on my belt
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

labtech
    It drives me crazy for my boys and hubby not to rinse out the bathtub after they are through taking a bath and squeezing out their washcloths. They are constantly leaving their washcloths in the tub and I guess they would lay there until they grew trees if I didn't get them out every night. I have constantly fussed about this but I have finally stopped because it is only getting my blood pressure up and they still can't remember to do it.

Closed Thread