Closed Thread
Page 2 of 1056 FirstFirst 123456789101112521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

Ok, in Michigan, we have what are called "Michigan turn-arounds". To turn left off the highway, you can't go at the light. You have to go straight past the light for a couple hundred yards, and then there's a left turnaround (usually with a light), and you have to come through that back to the intersection, and then turn right. Confusing, but that's how they like to keep us on our toes.

Anyway, you can turn left at the red light, if there's no traffic coming. And there are big signs all over the place saying that. I really HATE when people just sit at that light and don't go, when there's no one coming for MILES! I know it's just a couple minutes, but it's annoying as heck.

John

You can turn LEFT on red? If it weren't for the turn around thing that just confused the heck out of me, I'd want to live there!

Paulie LMAO

I hate it when people don't acknowledge that you have done them a favor in traffic. When I let someone infront of me I WANT A WAVE!!!!!!!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Hard to believe, but I found a web site with a graphic depiction of the Michigan Left. You can find it here.

Now, if there's a light, it'll be where you turn left across the median. And if there is a light, you can always turn on red.

I hate it when you call the cable company and... oh, never mind.

And I also hate when people don't acknowledge you with a wave when you let them in. It makes me less likely to let anyone in the next time. I ALWAYS wave thanks.

As far as a computer pet peeve... I hate when the insert key hasn't been hit and I start correcting something and I type over what I wanted to keep. UGH

ewwww, I hate that too miss f. Took forever for me to figure out what the hell I was doing!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I hate when there are garbage cans all over ,and the basketball wannabees throw trash then don't pick it up when they miss.

Oh and what exactly made that Michigan engineer think that turning left should be more difficult there than the rest of the WORLD?
    See section on - engineers working for gov't with too much time on their hands

okay, i figured i'd stay away from my REALLY annoying pet peeves so as to avoid annoying myself... but here's one that is afflicting me as we speak.

preface: i'm listening to spinner radio on my computer.

problem: the stupid volume knob on my computer speakers are not sensitive enough (or is it that they are too sensitive?) anyway, the music is either toooooo freaking loud or not loud enough!!! i can't get the volume to the proper listening level!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Okay, I think I've mentioned before....

People at work that don't flush the toilet! How hard is that???
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

...when you're trying to observe the moon for a dumb geometry project, and there are trees EVERYWHERE!!!!

Cars in the HOV lane with 5 miles of open road in front of them driving 20 miles an hour because the regular lanes of traffic are congested. AAAAAAAAAArgh! That is just about the only thing that makes me pull my hair out and it happened again this morning. :mad:

Closed Thread