Closed Thread
Page 15 of 1056 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425651155151015 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

eny
    FORT Fogey
    There are some Mormons who are lovely people. They live quiet unassuming lives, bless em. BUT--Don't come to my door and tell me that I should be in your gang.I don't come to yours and force you to be a Leafs fan.
    Tell them you are
    • 1/ Jewish- mozeltov - Mormons hate the sons of David ,and know there is no chance for conversion
      2/ Pagan or Wiccan - you scare the hell out of them
      3/ Atheist- They can't convince you their church is better well , because you don't have one

There are wonderful folk connected with all sorts of different churches. Just don't come to my house - kay? Big pet peeve.

(In case you were wondering - lapsed catholic when "the troubles" hit our church 15 yrs ago. The priests had supported this maniac for 11 yrs knowing what he was doing.
    )

I hate parking lots too. Some people lose their mind when they are parking or leaving. Very dangerous.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Big pet peeve when ABC switches the football game I'm watching to a different one!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Sher you reminded me with the movie thing of another big time pet peeve that nearly made me get into a confrontation at the movies a couple of weeks ago when I went to see Sweet Home Alabama. People who can't sit still and keep their feet to themselves during a movie!!

This was my 2nd bad "foot in movie" experience in the past year or so. The first one I actually did confront the person....I actually went with the husband to the movies (for a change) and the guy sitting behind me proceeded to take off his shoes and put his bare foot up on the armrest next to mine. Yeah there was a seat between me and the foot, but still, YUCK!!! I so do not want to sit there next to your icky foot and you wiggling your toes like a madman. I actually put up with it for about half an hour before I turned around and told the guy to be civilized and put your f*ing shoes back and and keep your feet off of the chair. This second one the other week was the couple sitting behind me, and I'm not sure which one of them it was, but every time music would come on in the movie they would start tapping their feet hard enough that it was vibrating my seat. Luckily a couple of evil eyes over the shoulder cured that problem, but good grief people, this isn't your couch and you aren't renting a movie there....be considerate when you're out around other people.

Libra, that is gross! People are freaks!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

oh libra, that's nasty nasty!!

i'm glad you said something. nonconfronsher would have had to just get up on move.

people have simply forgotten how to behave in movies. today feif actually had to turn around and ask the people behind us to "stop" making this squeaking noise with their straw. yes, they were doing it loudly on purpose. it was a kid and the father was simply ignoring his kid's disruptive behavior.

i'm sorry your movie was ruined by a nasty foot. woulda ruined my movie going for sure.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    That foot thing is the nastiest thing I've heard.I would be torn between confronting them or dumping the ice left from my drink. Hmmm choices.

agentcarver
    Hmmm...

I really hate "Tromboners", myself, but that's an inside joke.

I would have probably taken the "just move" route too! I'm a wimp

I used to be a movie wimp and then one dy CLICK...I paid to get in that movie and was in my seat early....you move, be quiet, or get the hell out. I have had two ppl removed from the theater for disruptive behavior and would do it again if the need arises. Ticket prices are too high for me to be miserable and not enjoy my movie. If you are going to start a band with your drinking impliments ...get on with it, outside the theater. If you want to start a talk show with your best friend....go to it, outside the auditorium. If you wanna watch a movie undisturbed....come sit with me. I AM THE SHUSHER! aaaaannnddd if your pet peave is me.....shut up! Ha!

(residual anger from tragic weekend.)
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

eny
    FORT Fogey
    You go girl! Too many people sit back and take it.

Closed Thread