Closed Thread
Page 13 of 1056 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223631135131013 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    You're right Feifer and Cali, courtesy is contagious!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Pet peeve: when people don't use basic common sense

I was at the Milwaukee airport for a 3 1/2 hour layover last week (and believe me...there's NOTHING to do at that airport) and I went to the Starbucks booth to get a cup of steamed milk.

(Seriously, if you haven't tried it, it's yummy. Ridicuosly overpriced at Starbucks, but good - especially with whipped cream and cinnamon.)

Anyway the dude at the counter said "We don't have that". What???!! What do you mean you don't have steamed milk? That's ALL you do dude! Just because you aren't steaming it in a cup of coffee you don't know what to do????
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

I have to say after getting back from Colorado I was SO pleasantly surprised by the kindness of the people there.

Everyone was so polite and friendly I almost had a heart attack.
    Yeah, I kinda spread the word before you got here. Since you left, we're all back to snarling and giving each other the bird.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Yeah, I kinda spread the word before you got here. Since you left, we're all back to snarling and giving each other the bird.

And kidnapping hockey players for Ducky...

I hate preachy religious folk. Shut the hell up and leave me alone! I don't preach to you, don't preach to me.

Bravo, My husband took the kids out to a local cafe near our house last week. He ordered milk for the kids to drink. The waitress said,"we don't have milk." Later she asked if they would like something for desert and suggested a MILKshake. My husband ordered a choc shake and watched as the girl went back and made the shake with MILK and icecream. It is unbelievable.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I also hate preachy people Ducky.

I have a ton of driving pet peeves.

What is with people in parking lots? Either you're going about 2km an hour or you're smoking people around the corner. Um, I know there isn't a stop sign, but it's always a good idea to LOOK before you're turning anywhere at anytime. This moron just about smoked me today. I guess he saw me at the last second and thought he better hit the brakes.

I just know I'm going to be killed in a parking lot accident.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Oh, Miss F people in my town are such bad drivers. They all go about 80 as a minimum and no one signals. I was sitting at a red light near The Brick and Superstore trying to make a left turn but the light was red and there was this stupid cabbie behind me leaning on the horn. I waited until my light turned green but everyone was still flying through the light so I was like, ok, and I was waiting and I turned on a red cause I had a bit of room. The whole time this moron cabbie had been leaning on his horn and I looked in my rearvision mirror and he stopped to let someone out so I pulled over and ran over to the cab and started pounding ont he window. I yelled What the fuck is your problem? at him and he was like, Three lights you wait! (He was Somalian so he probably had a gun but I was pissed) and I was like, no, one yellow, one red, that's not three lights. UGH!

Parking lots, Miss F. They're a disaster waiting to happen. I can't believe the number of accidents I've seen in parking lots. I once saw two knotheads back into each other in super slow motion. Classic.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

In highschool I was in two accidents in the parking lot of our high school. I drove a 1972 Chevy Impala(TANK) and was hit on two sperate occasions. Each time it was by someone pulling through an unoccupied space into the lane of traffic. They did not look as they were comming out of the spot and hit me in the driver side door. Same place both times. Good thing I drove a tank...it barely showed the second time and did not impaire the movement of the door in any way.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Closed Thread