Closed Thread
Page 12 of 1056 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122621125121012 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

People who get in the "10 Items or Less" line at the grocery store (or "15 Items or Less" or whatever) when they obviously have more than that many items...I mean, one or two items over the max is one thing, but when your cart is overflowing...:nono

I'm with you on that one.

I also hate it when the cashie stops to talk to one of their friends - that drives me mad. I'm so vocal though I always say something.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Ooooh! I also hate when cashiers open another line and don't come to get the next person in line!

The other day I was in line for 15 minutes before another register was opened only to have every jerk behind me rush over. I was equally peeved with the employee as well as the jerks that rushed ahead of everyone else that was in line before them.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

That drives me insane.
    I hate to be all rah rah England, but that would never happen there, I find the British so much more polite.
    The next person in the queue would be allowed to go to the new cashier.
    I actually find politeness in pretty short supply in general over here.
    People don't hold doors open for you. If you're lucky people will thank you if yo do so for them, but the word "please" is virtually unheard of.
    If I go to a store and ask the assistant "for (whatever) please"
    they are always shocked to hear the word.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I have to say after getting back from Colorado I was SO pleasantly surprised by the kindness of the people there.

Everyone was so polite and friendly I almost had a heart attack.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Fluff, Bravo, lobeck,
    It is a sad state of affairs. Common courtesy and good manners are in low supply. The day when ppl would speak up and call each other on being dispresectful and impolite are over. I remember adults asking who's mother was who when children acted up twenty years ago. Now no one seems to care or they are too afraid they will be shot in some strange form of playground or supermarket rage. So few parents teach manners and courtesy and enforce it when it is missing. I hope this changes for the better soon.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Me too Feif.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I find Canadians in general are ruder than Americans. Honestly. Unless they KNOW you're American and then they go out of their way to be friendly.

I go to the States about 10 or so times a year and in general, in the mall or at restaurants, Americans are nicer. Up here, no one really smiles or says hello unless they know you.

It's contagious, so I really don't know if I am any less guilty than my fellow Canucks.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I must say that while subbing today a kid said
    "I need a new peice of paper"
    The girl by him said "PLEASE"
    So he said "Please"
    when I handed it to him the girl said "THANK-YOU"
    So HE then said "Thank-You"
    It was nice... not nice that she had to remind him, but nice that she did, and he listened!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

That is what I like to see...one person holding another accountable when they both know what is right. We should all encourage each other to do the right hting; not just the easy or popular thing.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Closed Thread