Closed Thread
Page 11 of 1056 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021611115111011 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

My best friend's bday is also the 30th of December, and to make it worse, she has a twin!

We always make her party a New Years/Bday party.

agentcarver
    My dad's is on the 31st of January, so there ;-)

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Same but on the flip side , my B'day is on the 19th. No one ever wanted to spend much because all the good presents were for Christmas. I made damn sure none of my kids were born anywhere near Christmas. Of course then I had twins - then two of my kids , and their cousin, all have a birthday on the same day.
    Can't win...

I also hate when people you don't know are overly familiar. My mothers funeral was a nightmare of this. I'm like who the F are you - and don't drape yourself over me Ewww.I had some of those professional mourner types ask Who I was....Well I'm the one paying for this shindig dear....

Yeah.. my father was a teacher when he was killed in an accident. My sister and I were 10 & 12.

Anyhow, we had this lady come up to us and say, "Did he teach you?" I said no, he was our father. The lady then said, "Oh, I didn't think he had children"

You musta been some close friend. Who the hell says that to kids? Did she think we were lying?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Well, my mother's birthday is Dec 18th and mine the 30th. Mom was always really good about having the Christmas decorations down by my birthday when I was a child. Lately she has been leaving them up until Easter. Haha! We both just adore Christmas! The tree is getting harder to put up every year. I do not know how she did it every year. A couple of years ago she had so many lights on the tree that once we developped a picture she took of the tree it looked like it was on fire. We could not see one ornament in the pic. Since then, less is more.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Oh my goodness, where to start

Well, I think I'm going to focus on air travel pet peeves for a bit to get them off my chest:

- People who take their seatbelts off before the plane is at the gate. WHY are you doing this? Did the flight attendant not just say 14 times to leave it on until we get to the gate and the Captain has turned off the seatbelt sign? Where do you think you're going to go anyway?

- People who insist on getting in line to board the plane before their row is called

- Carry-on luggage. I hate standing behind (or worse, sitting below) someone trying to cram a suitcase that should have been checked into the overhead compartment.

- Overhead compartments part 2: those that fill their overhead compartment and then move on to yours because they refuse to put their other carryon below their seat. So when you get on the plane your bin is already full with their crap.

- People who sneeze and/or cough without covering their mouths

- People who are rude to the flight attendants

- Airplane bathrooms - way too much to get into here (I'd need to start a new thread )
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Oh, I have some more, Bravo! I hate all the knotheads who get up and wander around while the plane is still reaching cruising altitude. And why is it that every time I fly, the schmo in front of me drops his seat back into my lap? I am not kidding. This happens to me every time I fly. What does he want? A scalp massage? He's lucky I don't tear his hair out by the roots.

As for the airplane bathrooms, I'm sure you and Mr. B were cross because of how cramped it was getting you both in there. CSI told us how to deal with that situation, if you'll recall. But I'm sure you got it all figured out for yourselves.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

People who take their seatbelts off before the plane is at the gate. WHY are you doing this? Did the flight attendant not just say 14 times to leave it on until we get to the gate and the Captain has turned off the seatbelt sign? Where do you think you're going to go anyway?
    Guilty as charged. I hate seatbelts, though. Even though I always use mine, I take it off as soon as I possibly can.

But don't get me started on traveling peeves. I've got too many

Airplanes-I feel for all those ppl over 6" tall. I am only 5'10-11" and I can hardly stand to sit in an plane seat much less have anyone crank their seat back in front of me. It is rediculous how little room they allow. As ppl are just getting taller and taller, the space we pay for is smaller and smaller. I would love to go first class some time, but I can barely afford to fly as it is.

People rushing to get their seat at a show - uh it's an assigned seat if someone else is in your seat just turf them out.

People who say "anyways" - the word is anyway.

People who stand in line for ages at the donut shop then don't know what they want when they get to the front of the queue.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Closed Thread