Closed Thread
Page 1056 of 1056 FirstFirst ... 56556956100610461047104810491050105110521053105410551056
Results 10,551 to 10,554 of 10554

Thread: Pet Peeves

MRD
    Dagwood, you should give your "possesed" cell phone to Amy Lee's drama queen cell phone user. A solution to both your peeves.

I had to listen to a cell phone drama queen the other day and I just wanted to get up and go over and rip the thing out of her hand and say: THE REST OF US DON'T WANT TO HEAR THIS!

There seem to be so many cell phone peeves from such a great invention that has some wonderful applications. But its the people that "abuse" the privelege that make us peevers so peeved apparantly.

My peeve is that I keep getting messages from someone who leaves the message in Spanish. He asks for my husband and then rattles off the message in Spanish. the phone number is blocked and we don't know what he's saying. My husband is just as perplexed as I am about who this guy is and why he assumes we speak Spanish.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    My cell phone pet peeve is people who use their cell phone in the car without a headset. It's dangerous to themselves, and more importantly, to the rest of us.

There's no reason not to use one. They're cheap, and they enable the driver to drive with the minimum amount of distraction.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I think the cell phone drama queens enjoy the fact that they can command the attention of people around them with their antics. It's like "Look at me!! I have a cell phone and somebody to talk to right now!!"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

We had a wonderful suggestion from one of our members to turn the Koffee Klatch into more of a catch-all thread, so you guys won't have any obligation to stay on topic while discussing peeves. We thought it was a good idea, so I'm going to close this thread.

Closed Thread