Closed Thread

Thread: Pet Peeves

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Or how about when they put the bills in your hand first then the change causing you to have to fumble trying not to drop the change.
    I hate that!

That is one thing that drives me nuts. They do that in the States, I have never had them do that in Canada. Its like pulling a table cloth underneath a bunch of plates. You have to do it really fast so you don't drop the change all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    I have never had them do that in Canada.
    Then you're living in the wrong province. They do it to me all the time.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_cool
    People who go "Oh, just wait till you ______"

For example, I remember when I was in middle-school, and My brother was in high-school then, senior year. I was studying for my grade 8 exams, and then I was like "there's so much to learn" ... I absolutely hate it when people go "Oh just wait till your in high-school"

Now that I'm in high-school and officially done with high-school next week, I get people telling me "Oh just wait till your in University"

After that "just wait till you get your first job"

"just wait till you get get married"

"just wait till you get kids"

"just wait till _______"

It's annoying. irritating! :phhht

If it makes you feel any better: "just wait 'til you get to say those things to other people......"

People who are frequenting garage sales and park their cars all over the place, including directly in front of "No Parking" signs.

My neighbor directly across the street had one yesterday and we had some jerk pull up and park right up to the edge of my driveway as I was backing out. Now he was legally parked, but because some other jerk was illegally parked directly across the street from him, I had no manuvering room. I beeped and motioned for him to back up a little, but he just looked at me and got out of his car. Grrrrrr.....
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

People who are waiting on line to buy something and when they finally get to the register, they finally decide to go digging for their money. Its like they are surprised when thaey have to pay or something.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

I agree, FInallyHere...or they finally decide to drag out there checkbook, don't know the date, don't have a pen...I also can't stand it when people don't help bag their own groceries, especially when there is a long line behind them.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    A pet peeve of mine is when you buy a new toy for your child and...

1. The darn toy is absolutely impossible to remove from the packaging.
    Last Christmas was interesting at my folks house - 4 children ages 3-6, all waiting (not so patiently) as 10 adults frantically tried to un-do twisty ties and plastic thingys from every square inch of each and every box for each and every little teeny piece of each and every toy. It was unbelievably comical and still amazingly frustrating....I guess since everything is being shipped from overseas it must be superglued and twist tied and stapled and attached at every possible point to avoid damage in the long journey from China....
    The manufacturers/package designers obviously don't have any children / never tried to un-attach the damn things. Like to lock 'em all in a room all tied up together with thousands of little plastic twisty ties......
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

-Car Drivers are you in a hurry that your anxious to get to Point B in 3 seconds or something? I don't like cars that pulls up to me inches away from my legs when I am crossing a street. Keep your distance ppl! If your in a hurry and I am not in your zone path just go!

- Walking on a sidewalk I just don't like when people SOMETIMES dont have the courtesy to allow me to pass. Some will be very nice pull themselves on the side when seeing me and others like this one guy talking to this lady just stood there... UGH! :nono

Quote Originally Posted by BorderEevil2
    -Car Drivers are you in a hurry that your anxious to get to Point B in 3 seconds or something? I don't like cars that pulls up to me inches away from my legs when I am crossing a street. Keep your distance ppl! If your in a hurry and I am not in your zone path just go!
    Oh I hate that! When people do that I stop look at them and slow right down

I don't like people who can't take a joke or aren't able to laugh at themselves. Most people I meet like this are uptight and depressed. It makes life so much easier.

Closed Thread