Closed Thread

Thread: Pet Peeves

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Mean, evil, and hurtful people who are cruel and spiteful inside but sugar-coat themselves on the outside. It might work for a while, but not forever.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Mean, evil, and hurtful people who are cruel and spiteful inside but sugar-coat themselves on the outside. It might work for a while, but not forever.
    I agree.

People who drive cars that run really rough and loud, then rev 'em up over and over early in the morning or late at night.

I also dislike when people go to pick someone up and they keep honking the horn, longer and longer. Get out of the darned car and go up to the house you fool!

I don't know if anyone has posted something like this....

This is probably just me but....when a cashier hands you back your change and your hand is already out but for some reason they bypass that and put it on the counter.

babs, that happens to me to. Other than change, it is my library card from some of the librarians.

When you have a project or presentation to do but, the other person either isn't ready or did very little work.

I"ve got a quick one that Eldee reminded me of:

I had wanted to pay the late fines on my library card, which I had left at home. Now they take all the info to register me, but the woman refused to let me pay them without having my card to prove it was me, like It would be a crime to go around paying off someone elses late fees. I had license, etc, but nope without the card I could just be an impostor. I ended up moving far away later and never got to pay them.

driving.. yes... people who pull out in front of me anywhere and drive slowly. that drives me up the wall, especially when i'm in a hurry. grrr...

(i used a driving metaphor. kinda cute, kinda not.)
    Matthew 6:27
    Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

A pet peeve of mine is when you buy a new toy for your child and...

1. The darn toy is absolutely impossible to remove from the packaging.

2. Once removed, it is impossible to assemble because the directions are in a foreign language you can't identify!

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    A pet peeve of mine is when you buy a new toy for your child and...

1. The darn toy is absolutely impossible to remove from the packaging.
    I agree. Barbie is packaged in so tight it takes almost a half hour to get her out. I don't understand why a doll has to be child proofed.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Oh, me too. What ticks me off though, is it is my nature to usually feel sorry for people like that. Most people like that have a really low opinion of themselves, and by hurting others, they feel in "control." (At least that's what they say in psychology!) It must be sad to have such a miserable existance that you enjoy hurting others.
    Last edited by scarlett530; 06-12-2004 at 05:16 PM.

Closed Thread