Closed Thread

Thread: Pet Peeves

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2219924;
    My standard response to emails like these are:

Nice try, but I wasn't born yesterday.
    I was thinking of typing in an odd username and "dumbA**" for a password... but didn't want to start dealing with cookies and nearly impossible to remove tracking programs.

I feel sorry for the people that actually fall for these emails: 1) because they're screwed, and 2) because they're too dumb/naive to know better. *sigh*
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2219956;
    I was thinking of typing in an odd username and "dumbA**" for a password... but didn't want to start dealing with cookies and nearly impossible to remove tracking programs.

I feel sorry for the people that actually fall for these emails: 1) because they're screwed, and 2) because they're too dumb/naive to know better. *sigh*
    I always delete e-mails that have another recepient's name or those that try and sell you drugs, watches or get rich quick schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2219679;
    My peeve: Friends who really aren't friends. I had this one friend -- we had a tiff a few months back. Nothing horrific or earthshattering. I've reached out to her several times by phone, email and even a note in the mail. I sent her a birthday card. Nothing. No response whatsoever. I know that pretty much means she wants nothing more to do with me and I will not make any more efforts. But it's really sad, I think, to be this petty over a stupid thing regardless of whose fault it was (although I think it was hers! ). I apologized to her already for my end of it (hey, it takes two to fight, no matter who started it) and wanted to make things right. Oh well--onwards! 2007 is still too new to be worried about crap like this. I need to concentrate on the things I do have some control over!
    I agree with you here! I had the same thing happen between myself and a friend of mine. I, however, have not reached out to her because I was clear as to what I was upset about, and it was her place to apologize, but instead, she made me feel like person whose fault it was. OK, that made no sense! Anyway, when you have a really good friend and she lashes out at you and says hurtful things, that makes it harder to try and mend the relationship. That is my pet peeve. It wasn't my fault that the relationship is over, so why do I miss it, and why should I be the "bigger" person.
    Ok, carry on. I am done venting. Thanks!

I Is Stephanie
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2219918;
    Thats a funny answer, but you don't even want to reply, as there may be a trojan or something that will trigger.
    Yeah... I lied, I wouldn't respond. I'm kind of chicken about these things. I don't know why. However, there is a nifty little Forward To button that I'm not afraid to hit, forward to Google (for Gmail), or forward to AOL and dad (for AOL.)

However, I found a way to completly block span- make your unername so long that no one even wants to try to type it in! Mine is 32 characters,counting the @gmail.com part! No spam since I created the account 7 months ago!
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

I run the mailing list for one of the school groups I help out with, and some of the kids in it think it's okay to add my email address to other mailing lists.
    Gustav Holst was right!

I'd have to say that angioedema is definitely a peeve of mine.

I Is Stephanie
    And, because I feel like being snarky, a peeve of mine is words over 7 letters long.

Having said that, that does sound really peevish (is that a word?), Manny.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

I Is Stephanie
    Other peeves of the day include

-Homework,
    -Schoolwork
    -Overdue work,
    -Hard work,
    -Work at all, and
    -My almost-boyfriend, who, as much as I love him, wants so much sometimes. I had to Instant message him for 4 hours straight today on the claim that he 'misseddddddddd' (missed) me. Sad thing about that statement is, the way he's whining, you'd think he's 8, right? Wrong. He's 18.

ETA: I guess that could have been 1 post. That's another peeve of mine: Time. It's so inconstant. Not the actual dimension, but the implied being of it's existance. I thought for sure that it had been 30 minutes since my last post. I guess it was closer to 3. Oh well.
    Last edited by 11sstephanie; 01-29-2007 at 08:46 PM.

Stephanie, you're 14, right? An 18-year-old guy is flattering, but maybe not the best idea… especially if he's a little obsessive. Be careful, sweetie!

Peeve of the day: Our freakin' dog knocking over the garbage can and dragging the contents through the house every single time we leave. I can't seem to get him trained. Makes me SOOOO mad!
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Agreed, Jasmar. Steph, just say no.
    I had to Instant message him for 4 hours straight today on the claim that he 'misseddddddddd'
    Not the best sign, trust me. A mature boy would find someone his age.

In light of the current weather, i wish they'd turn the frickin' boilers on. Whenever i touch the heater it's lukewarm. Hey, it's 25 F outside, don't think we're having a picnic in here damn it!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Closed Thread