Closed Thread

Thread: Pet Peeves

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    My parents got a new cell phone # and some jackarse drunk was calling them up at 2 or 3 in the morning shouting, "Grandma, I hate you, you b***h! You never call me back." Well! If that's how he used to talk to her, no wonder she's evading him!!! Anyhow, they had his number and messages saved so the police paid him a visit and those calls have stopped.
    Lmao!! Im sorry, i can't help it. This is too funny. In retrospect, we get alot of telemarketers and wrong phone numbers(me) calling here that i don't even bother to answer.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I misdialed my daughter's cell # the other day and later in the evening I got a call - "Who is this? I got a call from this number." I thought he meant just then, and I said I hadn't been using the phone. He started getting agitated, "I have a missed call from this number!". I apologetically explained that I had misdialed eariler in the day. "Who were you trying to call?" What? Why is that any of your business? I didn't say that. I just repeated that I had misdialed a number and then I hung up. That was all the info he was going to get, so there was no reason to continue.
    Count your blessings!

That's really weird gut. I get numbers on my cell all the time that I don't recognize. I NEVER call them back. Why would I? If it's important, they will call again.

My husband once had a teenage girl call his work cell, and she recalled 3 times asking for some guy. He went into a meeting and put his phone on mute, and he said when he checked an hour and a half later she had called 30 times. Whoa!

My pet peeve this am, my windows let a lot of cold air in. These are "new' windows put in by the former owners and most of them were either put in badly or are just plain bad because there is a draft by most of them. I've caulked, I've put up plastic and there is still a breeze by many of them. The basement windows are old and worse. I can't afford to replace them but I think I need to borrow a sewing machine and make some really heavy lined curtains for them to block the cold air.

brrrrr
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

nlmcp: I will see your window peeve and raise you a poorly installed door! I mean sheesh, I can see light all the way around it! the cold that that thing lets in is unreal. We are switching it today though. I put plastic over the window that doesn't shut, but the ones that do are still crazy drafty anyway..

Don't you just love buying a house and then finding out all the shoddy work the former owner has done. Or stuff they just never did at all

So I guess that is my official peeve: Excessive "deffered maintenece"
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp;2218636;
    My pet peeve this am, my windows let a lot of cold air in. These are "new' windows put in by the former owners and most of them were either put in badly or are just plain bad because there is a draft by most of them. I've caulked, I've put up plastic and there is still a breeze by many of them. The basement windows are old and worse. I can't afford to replace them but I think I need to borrow a sewing machine and make some really heavy lined curtains for them to block the cold air.

brrrrr
    You know you can buy those draft dodger window shades, don't you? Also the curtains with the insulating lining. Of course they also keep the room very dark, but you could leave one open where you happen to be at the time.

I see your door and raise you a door panel that fell out leaving a 6x10" hole next to the front door. There is currently a pillow stuffed into it because I don't know what else to do and can't afford a handyman at the moment.
    Count your blessings!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post

My pet peeve...our dryer just died and needs to be replaced. But I've got a washer full of wet clothes needing to be dried and I don't have enough room in the house to hang them all. Grrrr.

Something that's actually more than a pet peeve 'cause it's so dangerous...people who do NOT know how to merge on the expressways from the on ramp. The ones who don't accelerate and merge in drive me nuts. I was almost shaking after this incident today 'cause we were thisclose to crashing into one another. And I know his car could speed up 'cause after the almost accident, he sped up and away from me.
    Oh Lois, this happened to us and I had to take the wet load from the dryer and the wet load from the washer to the laundrymat to dry them.

Merge lanes are my peeve here. They are REALLY long here and everyone starts down them picking up speed to merge into 60 mph traffic and they get to the end of the land and SLAM on brakes. I don't know how many times I've almost hit them as I'm speeding up to merge, looking at traffic on the interstate to gauge where I can slide in to merge when the jackass in front of me hits the brakes.

It's probably Curtis, he's hiding out from that woman and is afraid to merge into traffic lest she be driving there hunting him.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 01-29-2007 at 11:56 AM. Reason: fixed incomplete quote tags
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2218673;
    I see your door and raise you a door panel that fell out leaving a 6x10" hole next to the front door. There is currently a pillow stuffed into it because I don't know what else to do and can't afford a handyman at the moment.
    I fold
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Peeve: The thermostat for my house is located in the basement. My bedroom is on floor #4. We seldom go down to the stupid basement. Nobody can figure out why that made sense when it was installed 40 years ago. The only good thing about it is it keeps anybody from constantly changing the setting. It gets changed in winter and, again in spring/summer...period. The water furnace and heater are also located in the basement and, since I never go down there, I've had leaks that have caused major mold issues (think draping mold that makes the basement look like a haunted house) that I didn't know were going on for days and days. Thank goodness for homeowners insurance.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Closed Thread