When you're driving home from work and during that whole time you're thinking and planning of what you're gonna post right when you get home.
I'll see your "thinking of your posts on the way home from work" and raise you a reviewing conversations with other FoRT users in my head (either from the Board or from FORTcon) and suddenly blurting something out loud in real life, looking over in traffic, and seeing the other driver with a horrified look on his/her face because they realize I just said something out loud...and there's nobody in the car with me.
"...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor
Must go back to work. Must go back to work. Must go back to work....
ehh......who am I kiddin?
Back to forum posting.
When you wish you could add smilies to term papers for emphasis.
When you first wake up and the first thing you do is come to the fort even before having coffee
I never used the Internet prior to August 2004, because I worked on a computer all day and the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was stare at another screen. Are the following signs of addiction that require professional help?
1. I have no interest in other websites.
2. I can't use the Internet at work, so sometimes I try to think of reasons to leave early, because I can't wait to visit here.
3. I stay here so late at night, I fall asleep at work.
4. I spend less time with "real" friends, because I prefer to hang with my "more simpatico" friends here.
5. I cut short visits with my mom, saying I need to continue my "job search".
6. I've been here for about 2 months and have 300 posts.
7. I consider some of the people here my best friends and have no clue what they look like or where they are from.
8. I justify my time spent here by telling myself it's good for my spelling and grammatical and typing skills.
When you skip FoRTCon feeling it was completely unnecessary, since you know all these people so well (innocent, my mom didn't let me go, but at the same time, guilty).
The only websites you have in your favorites are FoRT, games you've created in the Fun & Games thread, games you participate in in the Fun & Games thread, and the Apprentice 2 forum (guilty).
You're disappointed because you only post in the F&G thread and the posts don't count (guilty).
You refer to other members as your best friends, and your real life friends look at you funny (but you guys ARE my real life friends!)
The second you wake up you anticipate and anticipate because you can't go online until 9:00 a.m., and once you can the first thing you go into is FoRT, and then spend your measly 2 hours posting in threads like this (guilty).
Everything that happens in real life can just be another FoRT moment (guilty).
You spend so much time in the AI3 thread immediately after you join, you don't discover the introduce yourself thread until you've been here for 6 months (guilty).
When everytime my husband asks a question...about a show, home improvements, current events, movies, recipes, books, I say, "let me check the FORT, I'm sure someone posted somthing about that." Even worse is when he just asks, "do you think there's anything on your website about that new movie"?
Last edited by applesauce; 11-15-2004 at 02:16 AM.