+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're addicted to the FORT when...

I guess you can add to the list: "Your office door is locked against the angry, incessant pouding, while you sit and stoically come up with this list in Wordpad." Probably another pretty good sign.

Oh, and thanks, but the more you laugh, the more I think one or two actually apply to some of you.

I think I'm crushin' on the dood with the peeps.

phat, you're hilarious. Can we #7??? I promise to #10... PROMISE!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    -you don't even need to open the "more" page anymore, you've now memorized the code for your favorite smilies and can just type it out.

-you actually picture John as a baby in a little cow suit.

-you find yourself trying to use the FORT smilies at other sites, and being annoyed when no smilie shows up.

I think I just realized the extent of my addiction. :phhht
    You read messages on boards of shows you don't even watch

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    When you get in arguments with your spouse, S.O., mate, whomever... about being on here everyday. And still get on everyday.

"Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Phat that was . Keep the funnies coming.
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

FORT Fogey
    . . . you leave your house in the middle of a snowstorm so you can take a photograph of a restaurant's sign with your cell phone and then e-mail it to your personal e-mail account and then upload the photo to your Photobucket account so that you can log onto the FORT and post the photograph in a reply in a thread where that particular photograph would be appropriate and, perhaps, even funny.

I was hit with the reality of how crazy I am this morning, when I did all of that.

(But isn't admitting that we have a problem a huge part of the solution??)

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    . . . you leave your house in the middle of a snowstorm so you can take a photograph of a restaurant's sign with your cell phone and then e-mail it to your personal e-mail account and then upload the photo to your Photobucket account so that you can log onto the FORT and post the photograph in a reply in a thread where that particular photograph would be appropriate and, perhaps, even funny.
    I was telling a fellow Writer that hardly a day goes by that I don't experience something in real life, have a conversation with someone, see something on TV or in the movies or hear something on the radio and not think, "Hey, how can I turn this into a post on the FoRT?"

(So where's this photo? )
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    (So where's this photo? )
    In the Survivor Vanuatu "11-11-04 Show Discussion" thread.

I'm really addicted, phat, I really am. I'm really addicted!!! I used to be like one of those alcoholics who says, "I'm not addicted, I drink only on weekends" or whatever. I used to say, "I'm not addicted to the FORT, I go there only at night and on weekends, and never during work. Therefore I'm not addicted."

But now that I've reached this new low today, I must admit -- I am definitely addicted!

You are more worried about being banned from FORT, than you are about being fired from your job because you are on the FORT all day at work.

You go outside and yell.. Hey I am Canadian Bunny.. and I am addicted to FORT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    I'm really addicted, phat, I really am. I'm really addicted!!! I used to be like one of those alcoholics who says, "I'm not addicted, I drink only on weekends" or whatever.
    So if the phone company were to cut off the Internet service (God forbid!), would you be down at the payment center, rubbing your arms vigorously, rocking back and forth, and mumbling, "Come on, man! Come on! I need broadband access, okay? Just a little something to get through the weekend. Please? Come on, man, I'll even take a dial-up account. I'll pay you Monday. I'll cut a check on Monday...please, man...I'm hurting here. Someone may have posted a reply to my 'Pets' Photos' thread..."
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread