+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're addicted to the FORT when...

-when you can actually relate to what's being said in here

FORT Fogey
    -When you start to say, "Oh, (enter FORTers name here) was talking about that yesterday" and nobody has any idea what you're talking about. This has happened multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo
    :

When you leave all other message boards behind and come here exclusively. Several times a day.
    There are other message boards?!?
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    When you reply to a "You know you're addicted to the FORT when..." thread.
    That's it, Zaius, nail on the head.

I've been gone for almost 12 hours - did I miss anything?

I, too, use :smilies in other e-mails and IMs. (I mean I would if I ever went anywhere and/or did anything but fort.)

And my poor family and friends - I'm sure they think I've got an imaginary universe that they can't see. All my anecdotes, stories, and jokes revolve around the fort and my fort friends.

When you tell your face to face friends what your friend (whoever) said, but don't tell them that you wouldn't know that person if they knocked on your door.

Oh yes. Have any of you been guilty of giving your FORT friends address to a "real" friend in case you become incapacitated (or dead)? Might need to pass the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    Oh yes. Have any of you been guilty of giving your FORT friends address to a "real" friend in case you become incapacitated (or dead)? Might need to pass the word.
    No,but that is a great idea

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    No...I figure everyone will know something "bad" has happened to me if I don't show up after 18 hours, max. That's provided I haven't made a big announcement somewhere in here that I'll be gone for a while!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

[QUOTE=geekgirl-you actually picture John as a baby in a little cow suit.

-you find yourself trying to use the FORT smilies at other sites, and being annoyed when no smilie shows up.

I think I just realized the extent of my addiction. :phhht[/QUOTE]

well, I picture John as a baby Simon in a cow suit. (sailing)

I'm always trying to use and :rolleyes and in AOL (doesn't work) or my yahoo mail. It's so upsetting.

Plus...when you come at the same time every day and look at the same threads or forums every day, and if you don't you feel like your day is messed up. Clearly it's an addictive habit.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

It's clear to me that we need to start "FORTers anonymous" meetings cuz most of us are addicted

John, if women get addicted to you as we are to your site, your 1 lucky man and you have 1 lucky wife

+ Reply to Thread