+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: You know you're addicted to the FORT when...

I Is Stephanie
    When you start having muscle spasms and cold sweats because your dad won't let you online... THE HORRORS! I hope I never have to go through that again!

When you, upon seeing a screen name on your email homepage, wonder "but where's the avatar?"

When you try logging onto your email with your FoRT username and password-- "Invalid username/password. Please check and try again."

When you're looking at the TV and you see the name JOHN on the subtitles, and you wonder "Where did his nifty red/bold/italicised font go to?"

And my worst moment yet... My school's colors are green and white. We were all at a soccer game, and I saw the green and white Jerseys, and thought to myself, "What's (insert school's name here)? Shouldn't that say 'Fans of Reality TV?'"
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

When you look down the "Last Post" list and see your own name repeated over and over.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

When you see someone has 5000+ posts, and you don't think they're obsessed.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD
    When you search out certain screennames under last post because you know they will make you smile or laugh when you read them.

Or, you don't care being called a FORT Fogey (otherwise I'd resent being called a "fogey" )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

When people that you have gotten to know you here seem to have a better understanding than friends you have known your whole life.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

MRD - I just read your post and realized I am a fogey too! I never noticed it before.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2190761;
    MRD - I just read your post and realized I am a fogey too! I never noticed it before.
    Awww, and you're proud of it too I see!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I Is Stephanie
    When, upon meeting very important people, you stand up, shake hands, and say "HI! I Is Stephanie, and you must be..." Not even joking here.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2190843;
    Awww, and you're proud of it too I see!
    You inspired me to add that to my profile.

I Is Stephanie
    When, on a game that has been played 800 times, you realize that you are 400 of those plays.

+ Reply to Thread