+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lookin' Kinda Bad, But Wearin' It Anyway!

Lookin' Kinda Bad, But Wearin' It Anyway!

I kept finding myself going to the "Fashion You Hate" thread to make fun of the clothes I don't like, and I started thinking,
    "Uh, I'm not exactly Ms. High Fashion, at least 90% of the time."
    So I started this thread so we can tell on ourselves. What do you wear that other people probably hate or laugh at?

I could make a really long list here!
    When I get off work at 4 am, I usually wear the 'worst' old sweatpants, jeans, t- shirts and so forth that I own. I'm talking about things that are one step from the garbage can. I seriously look like a bag lady going to the parking lot. But I've never been mugged! And yes, if need be I do go in the grocery store on the way home dressed like that.

I'm a big fan of capri pants. I know everyone hates 'em, but I don't do shorts (unless I'm camping).Trust me, Capris look better than my scarred and knotty knees do!

I love to go camping, fishing, hiking, etc. This means cargo pants or shorts, fanny packs (to keep my hands free), water bottle holster, backpack, etc. big sun hat like old ladies wear, and sunglasses. Also hiking boots with thick socks, unless I'm wearing (yuck) the Birkenstock type sandals or my water shoes that are really weird looking.

When I'm being casual, I'm prone to wearing pajama pants with weird prints, also I get crazy print pants from a chef's supply place that I like. I like Hawaiian shirts too, but not with those pants of course. All of these things get worn with my cat eye sunglasses.

This is just a start, but enough about me...
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Just started walking/jogging in an effort to become more fit and even my own family wouldn't recognize me when I go out. Baggy track bottoms, old shapeless baggy T shirt and with my hair scraped back under an old baseball cap. Comfort rather than fashion. Would otherwise not be seen dead in this outfit!

Yeah...I'm not so very fashion conscious...and I'm from LA!
    I usually wear plain sweats, shirts way too big, some with holes (for working out), mismatched colored socks (don't like to conform to society), and probably all the "fashion faux pas" there is.
    I don't usually like dressing trendy and I really like the casual look. I like being able to get ready within 5 min. If I go on vacation...even if it's just to Vegas or San Francisco, I like looking like a tourist with the I Love Vegas shirt or hat on. People tend to be nicer to me that way.
    I also love capris just like queenie...they are a lot more comfortable and they don't show too much leg. I might even have a dozen of them
    I would definitely be a great candidate for "What Not to Wear."

Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl
    Just started walking/jogging in an effort to become more fit and even my own family wouldn't recognize me when I go out. Baggy track bottoms, old shapeless baggy T shirt and with my hair scraped back under an old baseball cap. Comfort rather than fashion. Would otherwise not be seen dead in this outfit!
    Sounds just like what I wear almost everyday...

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I never wear shorts outside of the house, even in summer. Nobody needs to see my chicken legs. Plus, I always wear a hat since I'm too damn lazy to fool with my hair (but I do wash it. My hair, I mean).

Other than that, I wear whatever I want to, fashion be damned. I hate dressing up, so I usually end up looking like a homeless guy (for proof, see my pics in the pic thread).

And I wonder why girls avoid me...
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

I am not very high fashion either in everyday life. Well, I'll be honest, I am a "fashion disaster" in everyday life For occasions where I need to wear something "better", I wear something "better", usually "classic", simple things though, but those occasions are at the moment rare. And I like capri pants, too. I think my "elephant" legs look absolutely horrendous in shorts, and capri's are much more pleasant to look at (in my case) when it is too hot to wear long pants. I also like knitted (wool, cotton etc.) sweaters, and I usually wear those all winter long. I love those big (woolen) turtle necks (remember Meredith? ), they just are the most comfortable things, and I do not wear them "to keep people away from me" .
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

*looks at current wardrobe of 9 year old sweat pants covered with dog hair, baggy oversized t-shirt, and bare feet*

I am always the height of fashion.

I cannot get rid of a single concert t-shirt I've ever bought, just way too much sentimental value, so that means if you ever see me lounging about at home, you could potentially catch me in the ripped up, paint-splattered remains of what used to be a Cure "Boys Don't Cry" t-shirt I've had since I was thirteen, or a Tori Amos "Honey" tee, a battered "Descendants" shirt, or a Shakespear's Sister "Hormonally Yours" shirt I like to wear at certain times of the month as a public service announcement. I do not care that they are ripped, shrunken or stretched-out, hole-y, or crumbling to dust--DO NOT DARE ASK ME TO PART WITH THESE (shudder at the thought of Sarah MacLachlan "Solace" era shirt being used to dust off the entertainment center)!!! Especially my prized "Queen is Dead" Smiths tee--yes, I saw them in concert before they broke up, and this thing is a treasure to me.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I live in jeans, t shirt and some kind of shirt in winter and shorts and t shirts in summer. I like capris a lot, but my husband hates them so I only have a couple of pairs. I can't stand full length pants in hot weather. My legs are actually pretty good for an old person, so I wear shorts to the store, out to eat, whatever. Of course I don't wear 'short" shorts.
    I cleaned out my closet a while back and it was embarrassing. I threw away the dresses I wore to all three of my kids weddings. One dress 24 years old, one 18 years old and one dress about 9 years old. I would be ashamed to tell that if I really "knew" you folks.
    I also discarded all my uniforms since I haven't worked in over 15 years and even if I did, I wouldn't be wearing polyester.

What is the deal with capris? I didn't realized they were so reviled. They can be flattering provided you find the appropriate length for your body. I like them because, hey, I'm not always in the mood to break out the Daisy Dukes when it gets a little warmer outside.

You know, Audrey Hepburn wore capris. If they're good enough for her, they're good enough for me.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast