+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lookin' Kinda Bad, But Wearin' It Anyway!

Queenb, that is hillarious! Wow, look at all these fashion offenders in this thread..it's actually considered to be trendy in this thread.

FORT Fogey
    A sweatshirt from 6th grade that used to have a big football helmet on it, but now it's cracking and peeling off. I wear it all the time. Also, I have a pair of X-Large sweatpants that I love, but I'm really only a Small. They're too comfortable to throw away.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I wear pants way too big in the waste for me, and I'm constantly pulling them up. It's not exactly that I want to, and more that they don't make any pants in my size, or even close to my size, but it is pretty bad to see.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Well, if you're short enough then capris become full length pants you don't have to hem (I say this b/c I'm 5'2" and it's happened to me before ).
    SFG, everytime I try capris on they seem to fall to the length that says "geek shrunk her pants"....it's not capri length and it doesn't go far enough down to be pant length. I'm just barely 5' - so maybe I should keep trying, huh? I hate having to hem pants!!
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

queenb, I looked at the chefwear site, and they have some comfy looking clogs I love clogs, and I feel so tempted to move the mouse over the order button...
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I'm guessing a lot of people don't like my shoes, but what can I do? I wear chunky birkenstocks, clogs, and Uggs, because I have mutant-wide feet that cannot be shod in a regular store. That includes Nordstrom's, except for maybe one or two pair of WW Keds that will stretch. This leaves me with two style choices: Great Aunt Bertha's Orthopedic look, or the earthy crunchy Birky look. If a WWW existed in women's shoes, I'd be fine, but it doesn't. Fancy shoes only come in M. For dress up, I usually end up in a bland pair of W pumps from Easy Spirit, because that is just the best I can do. This is my lot in life.

During the spring and summer, to combat the heat and save on air conditioning bills, I change clothes in the evening when I get home. I shuck my dress shorts and collared shirts that I wear to work during the day in favor of basketball shorts and a mesh tank top. It's very comfy and I don't have to freeze out my family, none of whom run as hot as I do all the time.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Oh, I also got a Survivor buff for my birthday. I like to wear it in the standard "Pirate" configuration like Colby usually wears his. It's a black Balboa buff from S7. It's a completely frivolous garment. There's no reason at all for me to be wearing it around the house, but I get a kick out of just having it on. And it's pretty comfortable, too. I asked for it so I could wear it under the wide-brimmed cowboy hat I wear when I go hiking. The black looks great under the warm brown of my hat.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Paulie, just curious. What kind of work do you do that you wear dress shorts? ( I'm wondering if I'm talking to a nut here) Not because of the dress shorts but the warm brown hat with the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    Paulie, just curious. What kind of work do you do that you wear dress shorts? ( I'm wondering if I'm talking to a nut here) Not because of the dress shorts but the warm brown hat with the buff.
    Do you think maybe he is a mailman,fedex guy or UPS? Now I'm wondering Muduh.... Hummmmm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast