+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Are you the same Offline as you are online?

Are you the same Offline as you are online?

Yup, this thread is inspired by the "FORT's Never ending Party" where people can just chat it all up.

So yeah, the big question: "Are you the same person offline as you are offline". I mean face it, it's an e-world we're in right now haha, people interact, meet people, diss people, love people, hate people. Am i right or am i right?

SO yeah, of course on the internet one could fake his/her identity so easily, who would be the wiser huh? so yeah, answer me this. The way you act, your comments, your views that you share when you post at fort, is that how you would be offline (aka the REAL world?)

Haha...personally, here i'm so much more open. why? because i'm not talkin face-to-face, i can get a bit offhand, yeah for sure. also it's not everyday that i'll just randomly talk to a 40+ person. you don't see me walking around the streets randomly striking up a convo with them honestly i'm actually quite *quiet* haha... you probably wouldn't really see that from my posting'Z.

Anyhow...what about you all?

Good topic.

I never really thought about it, and don't really think like - would I say this offline? and vice versa. I'm pretty much the kind of person offline that can talk to anyone, no matter how old, or whatever... and online I chat with a lot of different people. I know most people that are shy have a better time opening up online... but offline, I'm not really shy, but I'm not super outgoing so that doesn't really apply to me... So, I would say that my personality, and how I interact with people is pretty much the same online and offline.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    no, I'm worse in person, more of a good pervert too.....

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    I would think that I'm more confident online because I don't really have to face people or anything. Although, I have been known to make up words to expess myself as I would in person. I don't really know how I act online opposed to offline. Ask Manny...
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    no, I'm worse in person, more of a good pervert too.....

beware girls.... (Joe...i see you a lot in Hottest Women thread *can see what u mean* hahah ... )

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    got to have a good eye to be a good pervert......

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    [QUOTE=masashi]also it's not everyday that i'll just randomly talk to a 40+ person. you don't see me walking around the streets randomly striking up a convo with them QUOTE]

Um, what's wrong with talking to a 40+ person, MASA?

I would say I'm the same online as offline.

I'm more shy offline, but I'm not all that talkative online either. I try my best to only say something I feel is meaningful or important to me or someone in the conversation. I try to do this both online and offline and I fail often . I don't usually chat it up in either case. I have a hard time finding people with similar interests offline (specific reality tv shows, hockey, some computer games) so that might be the reason why it's easier for me to share my views online. There's a geat community for all those subjects on the net.
    cablejockey likes this.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Yes, I am this boring offline as online.

Actually it depends on who I am with. If I'm with my long time girlfriends, I can be pretty wild, with my husband I can be very wild but with a group of people I don't know well, I'm pretty quiet. Work wise, I can be a total b*tch if the situation calls for it. So, I guess it depends on what context of the offline world you are talking about.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I ramble...
    I'm typically the same person on and offline. I'm probably a bit more talkative online than off, but that's just because I don't have as many close friends offline as I do on. I realized 6 years ago when I moved from my hometown, that as talkative and outgoing as I am, it's hard for me to make new friends in a strange place. Soooo my stint as a Mary Kay rep failed miserably LOL!

I do think that in some instances, I'm better online than I am off, because I tend to be better with the written word than the spoken one.

I've never understood the "fun" of being someone completely different, unless it's a specific role playing atmosphere. But I'm that way IRL too. "This is me. If you don't like it, that's your problem."
    Jecka
    "If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realizing that you are the author and every day you have the opportunity to write a new page." - Mark Houlahan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast