+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Are you the same Offline as you are online?

I'm different in that I am much more likely to speak up about something online than I am in real life. In real life I am highly introverted and have a hard time meeting people. That seems a bit easier online (although it is still difficult at times).

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    Alright, you caught me... I'm not really a Canadian BEd. Student/Daycare worker... I am a secret operative of the CIA trying to infiltrate this site. I've been told to "Take this jakeass down"... but please keep it quiet... I could get in a lot of trouble for telling anyone.
    Thats OK, I am in the "Witless Protection Program". (pun intended)
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I'm much nicer and more pleasant IRL than online. I'm also a clutzy, goof-ball-- it's hard to communicate that here, where people can't see you.

judging from this thread the air at FortCon is going to be blue with cuss'n. I'm so sad that I can't go
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    I can't help associating people's avs with their looks - eva, I pictured you as Faith Hill for the LONGEST time, and Texie, I think I still see Uma as she was in Pulp Fiction as you... and Dux...well, you will always be the funny little yellow guy with the green hair to me...

I do that too!

I do better in person than online and I talk more IRL than online.
    Plus I am only online while I am working and I hardly ever have time to post.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Well, I'm just wondering with the FORTcon will be pg-13, so the cursers will have to walk around holding back

I'm pretty much the same online and offline, I think. How is my online personality anyway?

Not really. My opinions, view points on things are the same, but IRL I may be way different, then what I am perceived here by people . Offline - more talkative, outgoing and so on. Here I tend to be less-talkative (in most times) and reply in short-answers.

I'm basically the same person online as I am offline. The only difference is, I'm less emotional and more diplomatic online than I am in real life.

It's much easier to be politically correct and appear even-tempered online since I have time to think about what I'm going to say before I post it. Also, if I find myself getting upset about something, I just step away from my keyboard until I'm over it. In real life, in real time, it's not as easy to stay detached.
    Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    I'm very casual and cool online, I think. I find it way harder to communicate though because of the emotionless and text and the need for more and more smilies! There I go again... For any matter, I think I'm mostly the same online and offline. Maybe I'm more humorous online, though... Probably not.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

I would say my personality is the same online as off. Except in the real world, I am a gigantic sock monkey with telekinetic powers.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread