+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Are you the same Offline as you are online?

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    OMG AJ .. I don't see you as that crazy goof in your av right now.. who is that Harvey?? Harry?? he is one nutzo mf anyway. I love it when people use their own pics for av's .. then you get the sense that you are talking to a real person.. and for me it makes me take their feelings more into account - if that makes any sense at all

eta: Henry Rollins .. I knew I knew that ..... face
    Dux - don't rag on my dude Harvey...

and *ahem*...speaking of people using their own pics for avs... s
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

but I AM a little yellow guy with green hair - honest
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I'm MUCH different in real life. I'm squishier, and more three-dimensional, and a lot taller.

And in real life, I have no tolerance for idiots, and I'm mean and generally don't like people much. So, uh, I guess I'm no diffferent in real life. Except the tall thing. Definitely that.

well, I'm not Harvey, but I MIGHT have been the scary manface dog that I used to have for an av...for those of you not acquainted with it:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    IRL I don't have as many "controversial" conversations, nor do I IRL argue with anyone about someone in a reality show. Talking about reality shows all day online pretty much gets it "out of my system".

I'm still outspoken, funny and laugh a lot. If a neighbor is an arsehole, I would probably be the first to say s/he was. But I wouldn't do it maliciously, it would be more on the "tone down" as opposed to online "chat". Here, no matter how you want to say someone is an "arsehole", it comes across harsh..unless you batter it up with a whole bunch of sugar and spice and then slip it in.

So. Yea, I'm the same. But then again, no...not with everything.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Online: I tend to stay as politically correct as possible. Sometimes I think I come off as being quite boring. It depends on the online forum, though. When I post in my LiveJournal, that's where my true personality comes out. My user name is sleepysluggo and if anyone else has one i'd be happy to add you.

IRL: I have a major potty mouth and I'm much more sarcastic and opinionated. But that's when I'm around friends and family (yes, family). Otherwise I'm actually very quiet.

I'm more outspoken in person than I am on here & I have a really bad mouth (I'm working on it though!)

I mean, I say what I think on here as well, but on the more "controversial" topics here, I keep my mouth shut b/c it's easier to "debate" face-to-face & make your point in person than it is to do online, IMO.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo
    Online: I tend to stay as politically correct as possible. Sometimes I think I come off as being quite boring. It depends on the online forum, though. When I post in my LiveJournal, that's where my true personality comes out. My user name is sleepysluggo and if anyone else has one i'd be happy to add you.

IRL: I have a major potty mouth and I'm much more sarcastic and opinionated. But that's when I'm around friends and family (yes, family). Otherwise I'm actually very quiet.

I just read this after I posted mine. I am like you, but you worded yours much better!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Me? hah, I am the same both on-line and off. Well, actually, people are better able to understand the difference (whether I'm cracking wise, being snarky, being inquisitive, being naive, etc), based on my voice (which some have said deserves to be on radio), and facial inflections.

So, yes, I'm the same, just better.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

I am really the way I am off line. I am a very forthright person and very caring. I think I convey that in real everyday life and on FORT as well. I never try to act like someone who is not me, in other words.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

+ Reply to Thread