+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Are you the same Offline as you are online?

Good question Mas. I think I'm pretty much the same in real life. I'm pretty chatty and on the out-going side, and my sense of humour is the same... There are certain personal things that I wouldn't talk about here, at least not as a public post - but PMs yes. Maybe I even tend to shorten out all my replies online, whereas when I'm talking I would probably say more.
    "Just kiss my toes and I'll be happy." - Dex

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Online - Whippy (), Chatty, Crappy.
    Offline - Shy - But if you know me well, I can be really wild (), Less chatty especially with strangers around, very "dao" - as in, I won't talk if you don't talk, and you can call it perhaps the "Avril" attitude. (But serious warning, I do not like Avril, and I'm not like her all punchy and violent), Crappy, Chatty, (Obviously not whippy), More serious than others. But overall, I would say I am the same online and offline me, of course, without the whippy part .

A wise man once said that someone trying to fake intelligence is like a caveman trying to use a gun. He might get off a few lucky shots, but sooner or later, he's going to shoot himself in the foot. I think this is the same premise. You might be able to fake who you are to some degree, but if you post enough, eventually your own personality will slip through.

So, I'm pretty much the same in person as I am on here, I think. When I'm hanging out with my friends, I have a really off-color sense of humor and a potty mouth, but otherwise, I'm basically the same. I think as much of my personality as is possible to express through writing is laid out here for everyone to see.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    I'm pretty much the same offline, except I'm quieter.

I'm me, either way...online or in person. Always a bit quiet until you get to know me pretty well and then watch out cause I've got a bit of a wild side that likes to peek out when it gets the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    I Nothing against older people, its just that they often look down upon teenagers and think we're all juvenile delinquents (not accusing anyone here of that, but my neighborhood is filled with people in their 90s who don't like teenagers other than their grandchildren.)
    Well , I'm not 90 , I'm 43 (and I bet you'd find out most of your neighbors aren't nearly as old as you think they are) but I know for a fact that the kids around here think I'm an old witch or something that hates kids. It's not that, it's just that I'm single and don't have any children, and I work at night!

I bet some of those old folks would love it if you waved to them as you pass, or speak to them if you know their name.

As to the subject here, I'm pretty much the same offline as on, except like some more of you I do tend to cuss too much if I'm not somewhere that you just "don't do that". Also I'm afraid that the 'be nice' rules might make me seem a little less mean than I can seem in real life. (I'm not mean though just...very direct!) I'm also better at writing than speaking a lot of the time. Add to that a strong Georgia accent that's even more pronounced if I get excited or have drinks or something ,and....let's just say that if I were ever on "Survivor", I'd probably get the same treatment as Darrah or Big Tom (WHAT did she just say????)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I am actually more shy offline too. I usually am a listener and drop in the jokes. I am also very sarcastic which I try to hold back on here because its hard for people to tell if I am kidding or not.

Libs, you quiet? Not when we gab on the phone!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Yeah, true Texi...but you know me pretty darned well so it's easier for me to sit and talk away with you. I'm not really good at meeting people for the first time and just going up and striking up a conversation with them, and even if I do I have a hard time finding things to start off conversations with. That's where I get quiet, if I don't know somebody at all it takes me a bit to come out of my shell.

I agree with Clipse about something though as well...I'm MUCH more sarcastic when speaking on the phone or face to face with a person. Things typed on the keyboard are too easy to be misread so I try and tone down the sarcasm online.

I remember my very first post...it was about Christmas and I made a very sarcastic post about how I would be allowed to work through the wholeseason/day/etc. Next time I looked, there was a whole discussion about whether my post was serious, or what....I just have to keep telling people to always assume that I'm full of s**t!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread