+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Are you the same Offline as you are online?

Jewels nothing wrong, just sayin i wouldn't normally talk to people at random. like would you really talk to a 20 year old just like that, start up convo? wait...maybe you would haha.... well yeah.... bassically that's just "me"

I'm the same person online as I am offline, able to talk to people (no matter what age they are, Masashi), I wear my heart on my sleeve, I've got strong opinions on most topics, and I love to talk. A person or two on here know me in real life, and I've got a few friends on here who I gab with on the phone who can pretty much tell you I'm pretty interchangable with "Texie".
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I am pretty much the same online as offline,except,I have to watch my language on here
    ( I have a bit of a potty mouth).

This is really kind of a tough question to answer, because I don't think it's a yes/no situation. Who I am on this site, or online in general, *is* me, in that I'm not faking a persona, lying about interests or likes and dislikes, or trying to lose myself in some sort of fantasy world. On the other hand, what I put out for public consumption is only a really REALLY small part of who I am. I probably don't act like who I am here much in real life, because I have to share that time with all these other personal facets that don't get displayed online. Beyond that, don't we all tend to be different around different people? I don't mean that we fundamentally change who we are, but I know I act differently around my boyfriend than I do around, say, professional colleagues. Except that one time that I called my boss "snoogie-woogie", but I digress.

Also, I think - as much as it might not always be readily apparent - I'm FAR more diplomatic online than I am in real life. I've read comments on here (as well as on other sites) where if I'd heard them in a conversation in real life, I'd totally dismiss that person. Boom, I don't like you, I'm not wasting my time talking to you. It's harder to do that in an online setting.

So, um, in conclusion, I'm bitchier in real life. And I say things like "snoogie woogie."

Quote Originally Posted by echo1960
    I am pretty much the same online as offline,except,I have to watch my language on here
    ( I have a bit of a potty mouth).

Same here. I tend to drop some "F" bombs every now and then. That aside, I stay as true on here as I am in 'real' life. No reason to be anything than you're not.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

What you get is what you see... I am ME online and ME offline. I have met several of my chat friends in person and it's so neat to meet people you chat with on the computer. I met my fiance on the internet, and ended up moving to Canada to be with him. I am very outgoing offline and online. Love to chat and make new friends. I have ran into FAKE people on here and been fortunate enough not to have met them in person. Thats one thing that bugs me, is someone to pretend with others feelings. Whether they be in a romantic sense or in a friendship sense. Just because we are behind computers, doesn't make us REAL people with REAL feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    Same here. I tend to drop some "F" bombs every now and then. That aside, I stay as true on here as I am in 'real' life. No reason to be anything than you're not.

My Mom always says that I could make a sailor blush at times...

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    I tend to drop some "F" bombs every now and then. That aside, I stay as true on here as I am in 'real' life. No reason to be anything than you're not.
    and
    I don't get into the neverending party thread that much though...so maybe you're not even talking to me.

Wooops...I'm leaving now.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

FORT Fogey
    I am much shyer with people I don't know offline. I'm pretty much the same here as I am with my close friends, but I usually don't talk much to aquaintences. I also would never talk to people offline older than say... 20, unless I actually knew them. Nothing against older people, its just that they often look down upon teenagers and think we're all juvenile delinquents (not accusing anyone here of that, but my neighborhood is filled with people in their 90s who don't like teenagers other than their grandchildren.)

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Well, usually I'm me on here, but a little bit more 'subdued' as far as mood goes, and I talk less, if that's possible

+ Reply to Thread