+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Are you the same Offline as you are online?

This is a great thread...

I think that I am basically the same. FORT and real life are very similar in a few respects. IRL, I slowly develop relationships with people and the more I get to know them, the more I will reveal of myself. I have found that integrating myself into the FORT community has been the same process. A little reserved at first but as I develop comraderie and friendship with others, I communicate more freely.

There was some banter in the earlier portion of this thread about thinking people look like their Av's. I want to let it be known, I look nothing like any of the Brady family or Alice....

Well, since I switched to the animated ones, I really do look like my av. Especially the In-N-Out one. You really might as well be looking at a webcam.

[IMG]images/img/av_innout.jpg[/IMG]

Alas, I do not resemble Monica Bellucci, though oh how I wish I did.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Shocking as this may seem.. I am actually MORE controversial in person than I am online. I temper a lot of my opinions when I post them. I used to write editorials for my College paper, I've been involved in political debates, to the point of having a woman who I disagreed with (and she happened to be the deputy leader of her party.. hahah!) yell at me on national television.. so my opinions and the way I word things tend to be rather inflammatory. I try to keep that to a minimum online.. I am however, VERY friendly, and very outgoing. I try to be friends with everyone I meet.. as long as they aren't idiots. (An idiot in my opinion is someone who doesn't have a mind of their own. IQ means nothing to me.. I just like to be able to have a decent conversation with someone who has an opinion about something. I don't have to agree with it, but I have to be able to respect the person. Wow.. I sound like a b!tch.. I'm really not.. I promise!

I'm pretty much the same person, although, like Amanda said, different people/situations bring out different aspects.

I think, though, that what I have to say comes across better on-line than in person, since my writing communicates more effectively than my speaking. IRL I'm known to stammer, blather, and whatever.

To respond to other "hot topics" in this thread, I don't really curse much, not for any particular reason. I think that, because my parents didn't care whether or not we cursed as youngsters, a lot of the mystique of curse words was lost; they just didn't seem more emphatic than any other words. I'm also not shy at all and will talk to anyone. The larger challenge than talking to people is actually holding a conversation with them. I fail at that regularly, offline as well as on.

Premium Member
    Cool topic idea.

My comments and views are even more cynical and sarcastic in real life. I also curse like a sailor. I sound like a really classy lady don't I! Anyway I love this site and I don't care to see a "troll banned" tag under my name so I really tone it down when posting here.

As far as the way I act, I'm painfully shy and quiet until I get to know someone. Internet pals I've met always say that I don't act shy online. Well it's easy to not sound shy behind the keyboard. :phhht
    Last edited by geekgirl; 06-08-2004 at 06:05 AM.

I think I'm more reserved online. Offline, I'm a little goofy and love playing practical jokes, and I can't really do that over the internet. Well, I could, but it wouldn't be as funny as in person.
    Ludicrous speed!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I know I am different offline from online. What with the ongoing divorce "discussions", my husband and I have agreed the best way for us to talk is via IM or e-mail. We are both too headstrong and our discussions get heated. Being online gives me a chance to consider what name I'm going to call him.

And thank God for the delete key!

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I would say my personality is the same online as off. Except in the real world, I am a gigantic sock monkey with telekinetic powers.
    Should I post this in the WDYLL thread?

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I can't really say for sure whether or not I'm the same online or off. I know one thing is different, though, and that would be related to the opposite gender. I feel much more comfortable online than offline, so by far the vast majority of girls I talk to are online. I've actually been told I'm somewhat of a ladies' man online (if you can believe that). I guess I'm sexier when they can't see my face or hear my voice. I also tend to be a lot more open online. I generally say (type) things online that I normally only think in real life. I generally don't worry as much about pissing someone off with what I say, because since I've never seen them and they've never seen me, they wouldn't know me if I walked right by them on the street the next day. So I avoid some asskickings that way.

I just wish it was as easy in real life. Then I might actually be cool.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    I know I am different offline from online. What with the ongoing divorce "discussions", my husband and I have agreed the best way for us to talk is via IM or e-mail. We are both too headstrong and our discussions get heated. Being online gives me a chance to consider what name I'm going to call him.

And thank God for the delete key!
    LMAO!!!!
    Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind

+ Reply to Thread