+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee

Jay

Coffee

Who loves their coffee? Are you a coffee snob or junky? How much do you drink? What kind do you drink? Do you drink it black or with a lot of cream or sugar? Did you spend a lot on your equipment?

I love coffee but I don't drink it every day. I drink 2 cups every 2 days. I drink tea every other day. I would have a headache if I didn't drink coffee for more than 2 days. I have a huge 2-cup coffee mug. I usually drink President's Choice coffee or Nabob. Occasionally I will buy ground coffee from Second Cup like French Vanilla. I don't have a fancy grinder or maker. I have a Braun grinder and a generic coffee press. Instant coffee? Not a chance even if it was the last coffee on the planet. I'd rather drink hot water and sawdust.

This thread could get huge.

I don't drink coffee. I'm one of "those" people. Ever since my dad offered a wee little me a sip of what I thought was hot chocolate...and turned out to be bitter, bleh coffee....I've been against it.

Yet oddly, I frequent coffee shops. I just love their "vibe". And the big, squishy, overpriced pound cake.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Jay
    Shazzer, I think that if you try different coffees, you may find one you like. Come on over to the dark side and worship the all mighty coffee bean!

Oooooo...coffee...one of my favorite subjects. I'm a coffee snob and I make no bones about it. Starbucks is across the street, and while it isn't my favorite (or even that good, to be honest) I go there every morning because it's convenient.

Starbucks notwithstanding, my favorite coffee is pure Kona. Most of what you buy in the store, et cetera is a blend with usually 10% or less actual Kona coffee. 100% pure Kona coffee is one of my favorite splurges. I've tried Jamaican Blue Mountain, which is insanely expensive, but it just doesn't do it for me. I like it best from a French press in my special crystal mug with some 1/2 and 1/2 and a book.

I like my coffee full-flavored, but not over-roasted, which is what Starbucks does. I can't stand flavored creamers at ALL, but will buy some of flavored beans every now and then. I drink my coffee with 1/2 and 1/2. I can't stand the 1/2 and 1/2 that's out these days that doesn't have to be refrigerated. Most times, it's not even real milk, and when it is, it's got all sorts of chemicals in it. YUCK.

Sometimes I'll have a latte or a cappucino but for the most part, I just want coffee that tastes good. I will never drink instant coffee or Folgers, Maxwell House or any other store brand, even if it is the last coffee on the face of the earth. I lived with my grandpa for a couple years after my grandma died and we always had two coffee pots going on the counter in the morning.

Hmmm...now that I've worked myself into a frenzy, I think it's time to go make an iced coffee.

I love. Coffee.

Actually, I used to work in Beverly Hills (oh, for...nine days) and there is this great cafe there: "Urth Cafe" (I think, I know it's "Urth"). Best. Coffee. Ever.

Overpriced, too.

I never had a Spanish Latte anywhere else before.
    Best ever. Yum!

mmm, coffee!
    I love Starbucks and Coffee Beanery! I always get hot or iced latte with hazelnut! When I was in New Orleans, there is this cafe called 'Cafe DuMond' (sp?) and they have the BEST iced coffee!

I love a truly giant size coffee with cream when I first get up...no instant or icky flavors either. But no way in hell am I going to pay $5 for the coffeehouse stuff on a regular basis. When I travel, though, when I get to my destination, I'll get one...the largest they have, with a triple shot of espresso. That'll wake you up!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I love coffee, but am not a coffee snob. I drink plain old folgers with cream and Equal. I have to have coffee every day.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

I have my two cups every morning, with a little milk poured in. We buy whole beans at Costco and have a Melita Mill & Brew, which grinds and brews for us. I'm not a snob about it at all, but the day just isn't the same without it.

I learned to drink coffee in college when I drove to a class over an hour a day every Thursday and had to seriously fight to stay awake. It took me awhile to learn to drink it 'cause I kept trying to sweeten it. I mean, hey, I love sweets! Just not in my coffee or tea!
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

I've never cared for coffee...I've always preferred hot cocoa.
    Ironically, I love coffee ice cream.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast