+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee

I hate coffee

on vacation
    I also am not a coffee drinker. I always thought that made me weird but after reading this thread, I realize a lot more people don't or ( and in my case) never did drink it.

I was however a caffeine addict. What fix I didn't get from coffee, I got from a big bottle of icy coke in the morning. And all day long.

I've given up caffeinated products now, going on 2 weeks. I just felt like I could do without the caffeine stimulation and have started drinking Walmart flavored water, which has done wonders for my disposition and weight too.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    I don't like coffee.

I got me a French Press yesterday and I LOVE it! Only drawback is that I can't just run in the kitchen and refill my cup over and over...... I wonder if they make a gallon sized carafe... Ha Ha Ha

Never drank a drop of coffee until I joined the service. When I was on deployments it wasn't unusual to suck down 10-15 cups a day to stay awake. I'll drink anything that has the word 'coffee' on it. Some of that military surplus coffee can be doubled for engine oil, which went down the tube pretty thick and was usually followed by a wince until your mouth was rid of any tastebuds. Now at my current unit, I keep it to 2 cups in the morning, as it has gone from a necessity to stay awake to just a social aspect.

I dislike flavored creamers/ flavored coffee and any other foo-foo style add ons. Just a cup-o-joe for me please.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by echo1960
    I got me a French Press yesterday and I LOVE it! Only drawback is that I can't just run in the kitchen and refill my cup over and over...... I wonder if they make a gallon sized carafe... Ha Ha Ha
    Nothing better than grinding fresh coffee beans and a French Press to go along with it. I love it too!

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    I dislike flavored creamers/ flavored coffee and any other foo-foo style add ons. Just a cup-o-joe for me please.
    Same here. I don't like dessert coffees like hazelnut or what have you either. I do need something to take the acidic edge off, but nothing sweet.

Having said that, I do like that sugar-free vanilla syrup Starbuck's has. But that's not a coffee drink, it's more like hot chocolate.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I love coffee! All coffee. No snobbery here. I love the smell of the coffee/tea aisle in the grocery store. I take it with one sugar and one milk. (Regular.) I would bathe in coffee, and sleep with it if I could. At one point I was up to 2 pots a day, and had developed a caffeine addiction. (Y'don't say!) So I've had to cut down to 2 cups a day. Best part of the day in my opinion.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I coffee. I'm not terribly picky about it -- I don't require some special bean or whatever -- but I do prefer brewed to instant, and if given the option I'll always get a flavor rather than just plain coffee. Right now I'm on hazelnut. Yum. Before that it was Irish Cream. The past couple of months at work we've been making two or three pots a day between three or four of us, and there have been days when coffee was pretty much my only sustenance. I must wean myself.
    But I rarely *make* coffee; I usually buy it (in part because my coffee pot is now here at the office). My morning ritual is a cup from the 7-11 on my way to work. Two hazelnut creamers and two Splenda packets. Heaven.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I like coffee. I take it black, no sugar. I'm not very picky about the type just as long as it's not weak. There's nothing worse than a weak cup of coffee. After years of using a drip maker, about six months ago we bought an electric perculator for home. It makes good coffee and keeps it nice and hot.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

+ Reply to Thread