+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee

I'm with Shazzalicious--never been a coffee drinker. I am, however, addicted to tea.

I hate to contradict you, hepcat, but 70% of commerically sold coffee is Arabica. The other 30% is robusto, which is used mostly for instant coffee and bargain brands. There are other species of coffee, but are mostly grown as houseplants and none are sold commercially. The quality of the Arabica bean is dependent upon where it's grown, how it's grown, and how it's roasted.

Contradict away, I have wondered about this ever since. I do think McDonalds coffee tastes like crap, though.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

McDonald's coffee is too dang hot and is held for too long, in my opinion!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Holy moly - GG! I know who to turn to if I ever have a coffee question! How did you learn so much about coffee/bean/preparation/etc.? And don't say it was printed on a McDonalds coffee (paper) cup!

JR.
    I love coffee, I'm not really a snob about it, and can drink it all day. I am not a fan of Starbucks though, and I don't care what you freaks say, it tastes burnt to me.
    If I have a choice I'll usually go for anything Columbian, Jamaican Blue Mountain, or Cafe Bustelo.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Okay, this is such an interesting thread! I had to go in my kitchen and check out what I bought. I bought a can of Don Francisco's Gourmet Coffee in Butterscoth Toffee flavor. It says on the can that it's a combination of the "highest grade of 100% Aribica beans from the best coffee-growing countries." Oh and trusty Don Francisco keeps them pure..whatever that means (which is humorous since it's ingredients are "Coffee and natural and/or artificial flavors Nothing says pure like natural and/or artificial flavors, huh?). It says to store it in the freezer.

I'm taking FoRT members advice though...GG, your coffee knowledge is amazing!! (and thanks to everyone else for their advice too!!). I might become a coffee addict afterall. Who would have thought it could be so interesting?
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Absolutely the best coffee anywhere: Peet's.
    Peet's rocks my socks.

I looooooove my coffee! Every morning I make six ounces of Peet's Major Dickason's Blend. Then I have a Starbucks drink with lunch (usually a Frappuchino, chocolate brownie used to be my drink, but they discontinued it ) and a cup of whatever kind of coffee my parent's decide to make after dinner.

I also have certain drinks that I enjoy on special occasions. (At the ballet, I like to get a triple shot espresso during the first intermission, and my friend and I always eat chocolate-covered coffee beans during our late night Buffy-thons.)

Now is the perfect opporunity to use my favorite smilie!

I love coffee. I'm addicted to it. It's the only reason I have a personality some days. I could drink it all day any time. I'm not a snob, I'll drink cheap stuff or head to starbucks or grind my own. I dont' care. I love it, want it, need it.

geez, I do sound a tad addicted don't I?
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Ah, the triple shot espresso. Not for the faint of heart. I like your coffee by occasion, Salome.

Every now and then I try to break my coffee dependency a little bit by cutting down. It's amazing how quickly the headache sets in.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread