+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Coffee

Yeah, but that doesn't mean that caffeinated coffee is good for your heart, or less harmful than decaf for that matter.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

I've had a built-in Miele coffee system in my last two homes. It takes up the 'bar' area in my present one. I feed it beans and water and in return it makes a perfect cup of coffee at the push of a button -- anytime I want. There are 3 coffee buttons which can be individually programmed with customized water levels for different size cups, different temperatures (I don't like it too hot), quantity of beans and grind coarseness for each. It has a frothing wand and instant hot water dispenser as well, but it's straight coffee that I want. I love it.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    when I was overseas we had a brand of coffee called "hostess" that came in a blue can, it was really good stuff but I can't find it anywhere in the states. it made a great cup of coffee.

I wondered what brand of coffee everyone likes or recommends..and how much do you use to make a good cup?
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Starbucks-Morning kick me in the mouth blend
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

=DesertRose;Quote:
    There's a big chain of donut shops in Canada called Tim Hortons that's giving Starbucks a good run for its money. I don't really know much about it, but I recently read that you can order a "double double" there. Yow! Did that ever bring back memories.
    Tim's is the best. It's not a donut shop that sells coffee. It's a coffee shop that sells donuts, and soup and sandwiches, and chili. It's not a specialty coffee place like Starbucks. They just have really good regular coffee. Tim Hortons has 2,529 outlets across Canada right now. There are fewer than 300 stores in the US all in the Midwest and Northeast. It's now owned by the Wendy's chain. They are now building some of their stores 2 in 1: Wendy's on one side, Tim's on the other. If you get the chance, get a double-double.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I wondered what brand of coffee everyone likes or recommends..and how much do you use to make a good cup?
    I am hooked on Starbucks, french roast, whole bean. I buy it at Costco ($18.00 for a 2 lb. bag) and grind it myself. When I've run out, I've bought the cheaper brands, but it just isn't the same. Since it is Christmastime, and I refuse to go to Costco, I picked up a bag of Peets. Haven't tried it yet, but hear it's good.
    When make a pot, I use a scoop and 1/4 for about two cups. I like a good kick in the pants when I drink coffee.

I must say, the coffee at Tim Horton's is much better than the overpriced Starbucks brew.

I took my mom to Starbucks once and she had a frappuccino or something like that. Now, coming from Germany, my Mom knows a thing or two about real coffee, and she mentioned to the Starbucks girl that her coffee tasted more like hot chocolate than coffee, and the girl said she just puts the amount of syrup in the cup that she was supposed to, and didn't really know what was in it.

Has anybody here ever worked at Starbucks and knows what this is all about? That's a lotta dough they charge for a gob of syrup and some hot water and foamy milk. Sheesh!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by getreal View Post
    I must say, the coffee at Tim Horton's is much better than the overpriced Starbucks brew.

I took my mom to Starbucks once and she had a frappuccino or something like that. Now, coming from Germany, my Mom knows a thing or two about real coffee, and she mentioned to the Starbucks girl that her coffee tasted more like hot chocolate than coffee, and the girl said she just puts the amount of syrup in the cup that she was supposed to, and didn't really know what was in it.

Has anybody here ever worked at Starbucks and knows what this is all about? That's a lotta dough they charge for a gob of syrup and some hot water and foamy milk. Sheesh!
    I would be interested to know too. My husband bought me a Starbucks card and since I was buying during the summer I was ordering frappuccinos. I started getting some really bad diarreah after drinking them,so I had to quit. I wondered what was in them that was causing it. (regular coffee didn't do that) and sorry to gross anyone out.

Have you ever tried Gevalia coffee? It's imported from Sweden and is/was their official coffee for the Royal Family there. It's imported from DesMoines in the US. You can order whole bean or ground, high test or decaf, tea, etc. The first time you sign up, it's regular delivery type of thing, you get a free coffeemaker. (nothing amazing). And they only send you the small one if you live north of the border.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread