+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    Too funny, butterflygirl! I just smell the stuff and have to have a cup!
    The aroma is overwhelming.
    NO KIDDING - I SMELL IT RIGHT NOW AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE ANY BREWING - MAY BE TAKING A BREAK SOON TO GO MAKE SOME COFFEE!!!!

Make me a cup, too...cause it sounds really good right now!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    Make me a cup, too...cause it sounds really good right now!

Heck, let's just get in my car and save the trouble - MY car knows the way there!

Let's GO!

Fort Member
    Sorry, I just dont get coffee at all. I admit that it smells great but imo it tastes bad and anything with coffee in it tastes bad. Give me a good cup of tea anyday.

I like tea too, Lucynda. I like iced tea AND hot tea.

I just coffee!
    btw...Coffee contains over 300 naturally base chemicals that act as powerful antioxidants. The other good news is that studies are indicating caffeine, when applied topically to the skin, can prevent the occurrence of skin cancer. The caffeine doesn't just prevent the tumours from forming, it actually kills the cancer cells.
    The Japanese soak in large vats of coffee grounds, expressly for this reason. Coffee scrubs and salts have been the rage in recent years due to its ability to exfoliate, soothe, deodorize, and heal.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

I have a question. It was prompted by something Matt64 posted in the Pet Peeves thread. Where I live, (Ontario), people who take two sugars and two cream in their coffee order it as "Double double". Is this a local thing, or is it universal? I must know or I'll never sleep tonight.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Qboots, apparently you and Matt are not the only ones wondering about the double-double term.

Here is an excerpt from an interesting article:

There's a big chain of donut shops in Canada called Tim Hortons that's giving Starbucks a good run for its money. I don't really know much about it, but I recently read that you can order a "double double" there. Yow! Did that ever bring back memories.

"Double double? What's that!?!" Most people react like this the first time they hear the term. Someone told me once that a famous New York writer ordered his coffee that way and the term stuck to mean "coffee, double cream, double sugar". But in this day and age of self serve coffee bars and Starbucks, some people may still be scratching their head: Who's business but my own is it how much cream and sugar I put in my coffee? Believe me, it used to be everybody's business.
    http://www.aboutcoffee.net/2005/01/d...le-double.html

Never heard of coffee ordered as a "double double" before myself, Qboots. (Around here it is "light and sweet"). My (iced) coffee (currently condensating all over my desk) is "little bit of cream and 2 Splenda". Few more of these and there will be no sleep for me tonight either.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

+ Reply to Thread