+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Coffee

Homer, are you talking Ground or Instant?
    Last edited by Qboots; 06-09-2004 at 06:15 PM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    I bought the coolest thing for my coffee at IKEA a few days ago--for 99 CENTS. It's a handheld milk foamer, that looks like a cross between an electric tooth brush and a teeny tiny whisk. It takes 2 AA batteries. I microwave my 1% milk first (hate it when the milk cools down the coffee), then use this little foamer on the milk, and then pour the coffee in on top. The foam lasts for as long as it takes to drink the cup--and the neatest benefit I did not anticipate--it actually keeps the coffee hot longer by insulating the surface. I don't know if that will work as well if you only use a little milk. I use a lot per cup (maybe 30% milk/70% coffee). But this little thing is fantastic!
    Thanks for the tip Pam! That sounds like a wonderful device. I'm the same way about hating it when the milk cools off the coffee and almost always heat the milk in the microwave first. Yumm. Now I need to find time to go to Ikea.

On the coldest night of the year (winter of course), the car I was a passenger in decided to break down at about 2 in the morning. We had to walk about a mile or two in the freezing windy cold to the next exit which luckily had a truck stop.

I had about .85 cents to my name and dropped these few pitiful coins on the counter and said give me the largest coffee this will buy.

I've been a fan ever since.

These days I just enjoy it for the buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    I'm a coffee holic, one of the reasons I live in the building I do, is because there is a starbucks on the main floor, but I'm trying to cut down to 4 cups a day instead of 8 or so. The best deal are Americano's but I ask for half the amount of water so it's stronger. You get the rich espresso taste without the price of a cappucino or latte which are ridiculously priced.
    I'm an Americano fan, too, even though the name's embarassing. What do you think a Canadiano would be, Lotusl'r?

Lattes taste too watered down to me - or too milked down, I guess. I love a good capp but not with milk and foam, just foam.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Homer, are you talking Ground or Instant?
    Ugh, not instant. Ground, please.

Well OK, but Nescafe makes these little jars of specialty instant coffee, and they're really good. I like the Colombian Origin Blend medium roast.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Thanks for the tip Pam! That sounds like a wonderful device. I'm the same way about hating it when the milk cools off the coffee and almost always heat the milk in the microwave first. Yumm. Now I need to find time to go to Ikea.
    Yeah, me too! Thanks Malibu!

Coffee - YUM!!

I like mine cold and sweet. Lots of sugar and lots of cold milk. My work mates are surprised on how I drink my coffee as I'm the only one who drinks it like that. Problem is coffee doesn't do anything to keep me awake. Maybe cause I drink alot of coke as well + I also like my tea cold and sweet as well.
    I rather lurk than post.

I just had a coffee... I am so not a regular coffee drinker at all. If I do drink it's mostly starbucks Frappo's, where it's mostly chocolate, sugar, and milk and a tad bit of coffee. So today, I ordered an iced coffee with vanilaa. Bassically it was dark coffe (cold) with a scoop of ice cream. STRONG COFFEE.... still am wired, and can't fall asleep

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I'm an Americano fan, too, even though the name's embarassing. What do you think a Canadiano would be, Lotusl'r?

Lattes taste too watered down to me - or too milked down, I guess. I love a good capp but not with milk and foam, just foam.
    A Canadiano would be a caramel macchiatto except with maple syrup. Maybe I should suggest that to Starbucks. I remember being in Starbucks with a friend visiting from Italy, and he was so conufused...." why is everone speaking Italian, can't they just say large instead of Venti." Americano's happened in Europe during WW2 when American soldiers found espresso too strong and added hot water, so thanks guys!!!. and for saving the world too.
    Last edited by Lotuslander; 06-25-2004 at 04:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread