+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Coffee

Snowflakegirl! So that was you sneaking around my house this morning snapping pictures.

Hiya, Chantel! Welcome to FORT.

But when you ice it up and add sauce and all that - well, why bother to call it coffee at that point?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Homerrules, what's wrong with you? Code Brown! Code Brown! Get this coffee lover some Peet's Italian Roast, STAT!
    hepcat, I'm alive! I had an emergency infusion of dark roast. Coffee, stat!

*whew* That was a close one, HR. You can't start a coffee thread then stop drinking, even for a day. :nono
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I bought the coolest thing for my coffee at IKEA a few days ago--for 99 CENTS. It's a handheld milk foamer, that looks like a cross between an electric tooth brush and a teeny tiny whisk. It takes 2 AA batteries. I microwave my 1% milk first (hate it when the milk cools down the coffee), then use this little foamer on the milk, and then pour the coffee in on top. The foam lasts for as long as it takes to drink the cup--and the neatest benefit I did not anticipate--it actually keeps the coffee hot longer by insulating the surface. I don't know if that will work as well if you only use a little milk. I use a lot per cup (maybe 30% milk/70% coffee). But this little thing is fantastic!

I hate coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by chantel_19
    I love coffee. I work at a coffee shop so I know how to make all kinds of coffee and little secrets so it tastes better. I don't drink too much because it really isn't healthy to drink a lot but it's sure good iced with whipped cream and sauce on top.
    Chantel - Spill. Tell us your little secrets (the ones about coffee, anyway)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Premium Member
    I only drink coffee if it has milk and chocolate in it, and always on ice. I do also sometimes have an iced Chai Latte, I like to get the liquid Chai Tea (Tazo is best IMO) and make my own at home. I also have a cheap espresso machine to make my own mochas at home, I like the ones I make myself better than Starbucks, I think they make everything too strong. I do buy the Starbucks Espresso beans but I just don't make it so strong.

The only time I like anything hot is in the dead of winter and then maybe I will have hot cocoa but mixed with hot coffee instead of water. The best topping ever for hot cocoa is a scoop of frozen Cool Whip. So yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    No, but it does sound good. I will have to try it sometime.
    There is an italian desert I've had with espresso and Ice cream.

I'm a coffee holic, one of the reasons I live in the building I do, is because there is a starbucks on the main floor, but I'm trying to cut down to 4 cups a day instead of 8 or so. The best deal are Americano's but I ask for half the amount of water so it's stronger. You get the rich espresso taste without the price of a cappucino or latte which are ridiculously priced.

Jay
    What's the best store bought coffee? I like President's Choice dark roast.

+ Reply to Thread