+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Please, somebody tell me why Seattle is better than Malibu

I guess we should ask, MP.... how was your Seattle trip?
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Well, since you've lived North, you are aware of what cold weather is like. It's not like you would be in shock because you had no idea. I dunno. I would move if I were you. The South is not all it's hyped up to be-no offense. I just don't like it.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    I guess we should ask, MP.... how was your Seattle trip?
    Just about the time I got myself all excited for the move, Chris called and told me the interviews did not go well. He had meetings with 6 people, and 3 were great guys, one was ok, and two were arrogant sons of guns he would not work with even if they did make an offer, which he doubted they would. The job was to work with the team, and this team was not a fit. Now how am I ever going to get my 10 acres with an orchard and a pond?

Awww. It all happens for a reason. It's gonna be okay.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

Hey MalibuPam, I live in Santa Monica not far from you...what's wrong with the west coast besides the filty smog, dirty beach, horrendous traffic on the 405, conjested traffic, high cost of living, unbelievable gas prices...oh...uh...how far is Seattle from here?

Sorry I missed this thread before. I'll save my advice (you've gotten some great advice already) unless things change although I will say that if you ever do move up here you need to buy the Sunset Western Garden Book. It has all the info regarding soil etc for gardening up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Sorry I missed this thread before. I'll save my advice (you've gotten some great advice already) unless things change although I will say that if you ever do move up here you need to buy the Sunset Western Garden Book. It has all the info regarding soil etc for gardening up here.
    Damn, Mariner, that is a call. the Sunset Western Garden Book is my bible for gardening information.
    Pam, I am sorry things didn't work out. for what it is worth from my perspective, what doesn't work out wasn't meant to be, and wasn't for the best anyway. Just remember it rains constantly up here, there is no culture and we are all suicidal because of the weather. at least that's what i hear.
    Too bad, if you would have made it up here for a visit. My wife wanted me to invite you to dinner. The ABSOLUTE best of luck where ever and what ever situation you and your husband end up in.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234