+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What things do you splurge on?

I used to buy books...now I wear out my library card just too expensive. Of course, I still buy my kids plenty of books When I had only one child, I constantly bought her stuff - now that I have two, not so much. Besides, they have 2 sets of grandparents that spoil them ridiculously.

The only thing I spend a lot of money on is my hair, because it's going grey and because I like to change the colour about twice a year...I usually spend at least $100 for cut/colour/highlights on my bi-annual visit to the salon.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Books...and travel. But is it really splurging if you make sure you're getting absolutely the best deal possible?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

haha...nope....good deals not considered splurging, splurging meaning not cheaping out on things, paying top price for something.

Here's something else, I spent *cough* $350 US for a Japan soccer jersey haha...WELL WORTH it definintely

FORT Fogey
    I splurge on shoes and have lots of shoes - rare for a man I know.

I am happy to pay the money for a nice pair of shoes that look great, are well made and comfortable. So my dress shoes are all Florsheim or Rockport or Bostonian (men's Prada line). Doc Martin or Frye boots. Same with tenni'es as well - usually Nike.

Clothes on the other hand, I tend to bargain shop for.

I tend to only make one major purchase ($1500+) per year and I already bought a new tv and dvd surround system in January. But I just fell in love with a beautiful purebread Havanese puppy, but they're asking $1000 for it. I'm a huge dog lover, just bought a house and am willing to take on the responsibility, but I can't seem to justify spending $1000 on the purchase of a dog!! But it's the perfect breed for me and I know it will make me extremely happy. Decisions....decisions!!!

Clothes and magazines.

I splurge inexpensively.

I buy huge quantities of novels at secondhand bookstores on a regular basis, and every so often I'd raid Goodwill, or Salvation Army, or Value Village for Cat Stevens' LPs, beautiful peasant dresses, vintage-looking jewelery and cool miniatures.

I splurge on books, books, and material. I make about 4 quilts a year and everytime I see material I like, I buy it. I won't need to buy any for a while. Even though I buy a LOT of books, I still visit the library twice a week.

Eyebrow waxes, pedicures and fills/full sets (basically, high-maintenance manicures).

I need to give the semblance of having some order in my life.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    I splurge on shoes and have lots of shoes - rare for a man I know.

I am happy to pay the money for a nice pair of shoes that look great, are well made and comfortable. So my dress shoes are all Florsheim or Rockport or Bostonian (men's Prada line). Doc Martin or Frye boots. Same with tenni'es as well - usually Nike.

Clothes on the other hand, I tend to bargain shop for.
    Hey Daddio! If you ever want to judge a man, just look at his shoes - they tell volumes about him. That and a good haircut.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast