+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What things do you splurge on?

Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl
    Then I'm one too, I buy loads of books. Amazon has a lot to answer for!!
    It's the one-click buying, my fellow book nerds. It's eeeeeevil!

I am really bad about buying books, I buy them much faster than I have time to read them, so I have a huge surplus of books that "I know I'll get to someday." So, if there is a huge cataclysmic disaster, I'll have stockpiled enough books to get me through the rest of my life (anyone remember that old Twilight Zone, "Time Enough..." where after a nuclear war Meredith Burgess is finally happy to have the time to read all his beloved books...and then his glasses break? Well, that could be me. )

To a lesser degree I also spurge on DVDs, CDs. Otherwise, I have a hard time helping myself when it comes to typical girly-girl stuff: clothes, shoes, accessories, cosmetics, bubble bath, soaps. Anything that makes me feel pretty! Like Belfastgirl, I love to have facials every so often, also mani/pedis. I've mentioned before that I have a terrible addiction to lotions. I just can't seem to stop buying new lotions!!! But hey, I am always fully moisturized, and I'm all my friends' go-to girl for hand cream.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I'm a book buyer, too. I'm so ashamed, I should be spending all my time in the library. I actually went out and bought a Barnes & Noble membership because I buy so much from them online the discount works in my favor. I gobble them up, though, no stacks waiting to be read.

I love to splurge occasionally on really good cheese. (No wonder I love FORT so much.)
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I'm not really a splurger, gotten too used to being broke to have much to splurge on...my one vice when I can afford it is good food/good restaurants. I guess that's cause I can atleast partially justify the money spent, ya gotta eat

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I love to splurge occasionally on really good cheese. (No wonder I love FORT so much.)
    I never met a piece of cheese I didn't like. Hey Hep, are you into, like, artisanal cheeses? My brother loves the cheeses made at Cowgirl Creamery in Northern Cali (I'd recommend the Point Reyes Blue). Check out their website:
    http://www.cowgirlcreamery.com/
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I splurge on DVDs and goodies for my dog :-) If locked in a petstore, my bank account would be cleaned out by the time I got outta there.

I splurge on police cars for my collection, but only if the cash is there to support that particular hobby... :-)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Quote Originally Posted by raindance
    And still I find my wardrobe in dire need for a overhaul.

That will never change, Raindance. I always find a good excuse to buy new clothes.

The only thing I splurge on are CD's. I guess I'm old fashioned, I love to have the complete CD package instead of downloading songs.

I like to buy plants, indoors and outdoors, they just make me happy. I really should spend all the money (that I spend on gardening stuff) elsewhere in the house.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I never met a piece of cheese I didn't like. Hey Hep, are you into, like, artisanal cheeses? My brother loves the cheeses made at Cowgirl Creamery in Northern Cali (I'd recommend the Point Reyes Blue). Check out their website:
    Wow, that's only about an hour and a half from me! Thanks for the tip. We also like going to the cheese factory that's in Marin county by Petaluma.

I'm making a fritatta tonight which is why I was thinking of good cheeses. It just tastes so much better with real Parmesan and Pecorino Romano cheeses in it.

On the whole I'm pretty cheap, actually. I do a lot of shopping in thrift shops.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I love to buy handbags and shoes (especially sandals). Also love buying candles..Yankee Candle is my favorite. But probably the thing I spend the most one is stuff from Bath and Body Works. I really love that store and its rare for me to go in there and not buy anything.
    "Someone forgot to drink their courageous juice this morning" from "Psych"

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl

My husband loves their Blue Cheese!

Anyhoo, I am too addicted to books..I read fast so I always need books. I like to re-read books, that drives my husband CRAZY!!!

SFG, Im like you , I have a thing for lotion. Actually I have a thing for anything in a pretty, girly, interesting package. I love skincare stuff, make-up, and nailpolish!!! I splurge on La Mer and The Bliss catalog is my curse...Girls...If you havent checked it out...you should!!! I splurge on Chanel Make-up and Nars.

I spend lots of money on my dogs...I know that pathetic...lolol

My hubby and I splurge on vacations and little getaways...and I my biggest vice is clothes...I love love love clothes, shoes, accesories and handbags.
    Manolos, Jimmy Choo, Christian Loubatian,.....thats gonna be the names of my first 3 sons... Im a serious shopper, so i dont like people to go with me...lol they hinder me..

Oh and I splurge on CDs....gotta have my music... Just bought Joss Stones new CD...amazing....

Budget???? What Budget....lol drives my man crazyyyyyy!

He splurges on surfboards....lol
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast