+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What things do you splurge on?

Books an investment :rolleyes .. haha kiddin' kiddin' I guess to some "extent" they can be an "investment"

I forgot another thing... Handphones or Cellphones... I'm the type where i want the newest newest of newest models haha... but then again, it's much cheaper considering my dad works @ nokia eh? haha ... in total i have 8 different handphones ... but only using one, luckily i get discount price

When I get the $$, I'll splurge on coffee, especially pure Kona. Most Kona is sold as a blend but pure 100% is heaven...and expensive.

I'll spend good money on lipstick, but I think that evens out since I don't spend any money on other makeup.

Also, when I get near a Lush bath store? Watch out...I'll spend like there's no tomorrow since I never know when I'll get back.

on vacation
    I'm not much of a splurger, as far as on a regular basis. I like others have said, use the same shampoo, wear a uniform to work so not a clothes horse and really live pretty much within my means.

The biggest splurge I had lately though was spending $600 on 3 baseball bats last week for my son.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

Why three bats, are they easily broken?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    I splurge on books. Does that make me a nerd?

Then I'm one too, I buy loads of books. Amazon has a lot to answer for!!

Clothes, for sure. I just realised I spent almost all my holiday work salary on clothes.

And still I find my wardrobe in dire need for a overhaul.

Makeup, skincare and haircare, surprisingly, is moderated. I don't spend much on it. For those, I normally buy it when I need it. While I don't buy a lot of them, I will willingly spend on something expensive if it's worth it.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I spend money, if I've got extra cash, on books too.
    Clothes, well that's usually rare but when the mood strikes and I've got money to spend then I'll splurge.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

on vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl
    Why three bats, are they easily broken?
    No, but aluminum baseball bats are expensive. They cost around $200 a piece. I know it's a lot of money but this is my son's last year of playing baseball and it makes him happy plus he's donating them at the end of the year so it was a good investment for me.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

I thought they were made of wood.

I'm not really a splurger, I wear my clothes until they are old, worn in and holy. I don't wear a whole lot of makeup, I might spend $25 a year! lol
    In the 'totally unnecessary but utterly indulgent' category I'd have to say I won't give up my pedicures!
    We're saving up for new furniture right now and 2 new windows ($600/ea) so extras are being banked .. but not my pedis!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast