+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: mac and cheese???

FORT Fogey
    It's gotta be the homemade kind. Once I'd tried it, I can never go back to Kraft. (BTW, Is it just me, or does Kraft w/ Spongebob noodles, or Scooby-Doo noodles taste better than the original shape? I just think the macaroni shaped ones are gross, but I can handle Spongebob mac and cheese)

I love Kraft Macaroni and Cheese!! I nearly cried my heart out when I read that one cup is 400 calories!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    I used to eat the powdered cheese out of the little packet in the Kraft ones, and so my mom used to have to find other uses for the pasta or inprovise some cheese sauce. I find that if you ignore the amount of milk the directions suggest and just add a teeny splash, you get some better mac. I throw on some cayenne pepper too.
    Thats funny that you would eat the packet of powered cheese
    I use Cayenne pepper on almost every thing I eat...
    CAYENNE PEPPER is soooo good 4 U...it is a stimulant. It improves circulation and purifies the blood. It is Anti bacterial, promotes healing and prevents infection.
    Cayenne pepper is useful for healing in common colds and flu, heart disease, and cancer. Also is good for the kidneys, spleen, pancreas, lungs and heart.
    Plus helps other herbs to work more effectively when taken at the same time.
    Cayenne Pepper is known to normalize blood pressure and stop internal and external bleeding. You can put cayenne pepper on a cut to stop bleeding.
    It lowers cholesterol and is useful for people with poor circulation.
    Disease is caused by poor circulation or lack of fresh blood to the affected area. Cayenne can ward off disease by helping blood circulation. Thats why when you eat hot/spicey foods and your face gets hot/red... thats the fresh blood going to you face, and throughout your body.
    Cayenne Pepper should not be taken in capsule form. What is going on is that some of cayenne's healing action occurs right in your mouth. When you put cayenne in your mouth, your stomach secretes digestive juices before the cayenne ever gets there. So when the cayenne gets down there, your stomach is ready for it.
    But if you swallow a capsule, your tongue tastes nothing. A capsule goes down in your stomach, and your stomach notices nothing, at first. Then, 5 minutes later the gelatin bursts, and you have a 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper in your stomach and your body is shocked. You surprised it.

Can you tell I love cayenne pepper?! Good stuff!!!
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Zaaam
    Thats funny that you would eat the packet of powered cheese
    I use Cayenne pepper on almost every thing I eat...
    CAYENNE PEPPER is soooo good 4 U...it is a stimulant. It improves circulation and purifies the blood. It is Anti bacterial, promotes healing and prevents infection.
    Cayenne pepper is useful for healing in common colds and flu, heart disease, and cancer. Also is good for the kidneys, spleen, pancreas, lungs and heart.
    Plus helps other herbs to work more effectively when taken at the same time.
    Cayenne Pepper is known to normalize blood pressure and stop internal and external bleeding. You can put cayenne pepper on a cut to stop bleeding.
    It lowers cholesterol and is useful for people with poor circulation.
    Disease is caused by poor circulation or lack of fresh blood to the affected area. Cayenne can ward off disease by helping blood circulation. Thats why when you eat hot/spicey foods and your face gets hot/red... thats the fresh blood going to you face, and throughout your body.
    Cayenne Pepper should not be taken in capsule form. What is going on is that some of cayenne's healing action occurs right in your mouth. When you put cayenne in your mouth, your stomach secretes digestive juices before the cayenne ever gets there. So when the cayenne gets down there, your stomach is ready for it.
    But if you swallow a capsule, your tongue tastes nothing. A capsule goes down in your stomach, and your stomach notices nothing, at first. Then, 5 minutes later the gelatin bursts, and you have a 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper in your stomach and your body is shocked. You surprised it.

Can you tell I love cayenne pepper?! Good stuff!!!

wow very interesting is it hot??? and is it good for diets??? i have high chol so maybe i should start cooking wth it!!??
    what a long strange trip its been....www.thebookwiz.com/83634

*Paging Dr. Zaaam!*

Sometimes I put tabasco on my KD. Would that have the same medicinal benefits as cayenne?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I love Mac and Cheese. Kraft is fine but I prefer homemade. I have never tried sour cream in it, that sounds yummy. I will have to try it.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Fascinating, Zaaam! I'm all intrigued by your post. I love spicy hot things anyway, so this info is great incentive to eat more of it. Thanks for the wealth of information.

BTW, Belfastgirl, I'm from the US but I've had bangers & mash, champ, and my husband makes killer soda bread (just had some last night w/ luscious potato leek soup)--but then again, his family's Irish so maybe that's why!

Damn this thread, it's made me so hungry!!!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Snowflake Girl, you've got a great hubby there to cook for you. Lucky you

I like mac 'n cheese. I especially like Smart Ones - and it's Weight Watchers! Who would have guessed?

Drain my brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    (BTW, Is it just me, or does Kraft w/ Spongebob noodles, or Scooby-Doo noodles taste better than the original shape? I just think the macaroni shaped ones are gross, but I can handle Spongebob mac and cheese)
    you read my mind! I was seriously just gonna write this until I came across yours... haha yeh I totally agree that the funky noodle shapes (Sponge-Bob, Scooby-Doo, the spirals) etc are waaay better than the original shaped noodles. I can't even eat that kind. I'm a big fan of the spirals myself...
    I drive down the street in a Rolls Royce car. Use hundred dollar bills when I light my cigar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast