+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Victimized

Drain my brain.

Victimized

Were you ever a victim of a crime or natural disaster?

I was a victim of a car theft... Last November I worked at a supermarket. I was parked where we were told to park. I went to work right from school so I had a whole lotta stuff in my car; and I just had this weird feeling, but didn't think anything of it. I have one of those pop-out CD players and usually I would've locked it up in my glove compartment, but that day for some reason I was in a rush and I didn't take the time to do it. So hours went by and the CS manager at the time was asking around who had a "so and so" car. It turns out it was mine. I go out and my passenger side window is smashed to pieces and all my CD's and CD player were gone along with my bookbag. It had to be one of the worst days of my life... I now lock my player up no matter where I am and no matter how long I'm gonna be away from my car.
    I drive down the street in a Rolls Royce car. Use hundred dollar bills when I light my cigar.

My car, too, was broken into. It's a terrible feeling...a feeling of geing victimized and vulnerable. I am just grateful that I, personally, was safe and not at the situation. Life is more precious than a bunch of CDs and a broken window.

My husband and I had been on a short vacation. On the way back we stopped to walk a mall. I went on in and when I looked around he was running toward our vehicle. The trunk was open and two men were cleaning it out. My husband yelled and told them to put it all back. One ran and the other one threw a lot of stuff back, then jumped in his car and drive off. Several people got the tag number and description of the men and the car. The police caught them in about ten minutes and brought them back for us to identify. When we went through our stuff, we found a bag that wasn't ours. It had a pay stub in it belonging to one of the men. They both got their paroles revoked.

I swear, if only some people wouldn't be like that, you know?

I wouldn't say I've been victimized in the sense of crime (knock on wood). But since you mention natural disasters: in the past year, where I live we have had:
    1. A major hurricane.
    2. Followed quickly by a tornado
    3. An earthquake.
    4. A big several-block fire.

We anxiously await the locusts.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Drain my brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    I swear, if only some people wouldn't be like that, you know?
    yes, there is a lot of ignorant people in the world.
    I drive down the street in a Rolls Royce car. Use hundred dollar bills when I light my cigar.

Let's see:

1. Two decent sized earthquakes plus some minor ones.

2. When I was a freshman in college, I had a load of laundry stolen out of the dorm laundry room.

3. I have had 3 rental cars broken into by smash and grab thieves. They've never broken into my car because it has an alarm.

4. And I'm not sure it counts but I got to experience the WTO riots a few years ago which made working in downtown Seattle hell.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    My VW Jetta got stolen right in front of the federal court building. I was submitting something to the court, so I thought, since I'm so close to the building I'll just hop out file my papers - jet home. wrong. I turned around in less than 2 seconds to see it being driven right past me and onto the freeway. So my purse, well all my office crap in general, it was all in my car. And 3 weeks later the police called and said they had my car. It was parked about 3 blocks from where it was stolen.

Natural disasters: I was at Stanford during the San Francisco Earthquake in '89. The house I was living in was damaged by the quake so I had to spend a week or two sleeping on friends' floors while they repaired our house.

Crimes: Hm, had my wallet and some tapes stolen in high school. They took them out of my locker while I was off running some event for the school. I felt so betrayed that I'd been performing a service for the students of the school and some idiots came and stole my stuff. They later caught the guys (there were two of them) because they freaked out when they realized who they'd stolen from.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I got beat up once, pretty bad. Fight had to be stopped by other people.... oh well ... guys will be guys right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast