+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "That" ornament

"That" ornament

I fianlly put up my tree last night, and I realized that I'm probably not the only one with "that" ornament that has to go on the tree no matter how old or ugly it is. For me its this spraypainted gumnut ornament I made when I was in the second grade I think and it ha(d)s sparkles all over the end of it. Dylan hates it, but he puts up this teeny knitted stocking ornament. So, who has an ornament that no matter what it looks like or how old it is always goes up on the tree?

I have so many friends who have those special little ornaments.
    No room for sentimentality in Fluff Towers though.
    Everything has to be coordinated.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Figures. That's the one thing I have left from my childhood (and I'm actually surprised I have anything left I pretty well got rid of it all) and it goes on the tree every year.

JR.
    My mom still has a clay Santa that I made in 1st grade. Not only am I amazed that she still has it, but it's never been broken or even chipped.

We have this funny little...I don't know what it is. A panda bear? Anyway, Mrs. Paulie must have made it in nursery school or something. It has horrifying little bug eyes. It definitely doesn't scream Christmas or anything, but it's cute because she made it when she had spastic little kid hands so it goes up every time.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Coolness. My gumnut also, does not scream christmas. The ribbon isn't even green or red, it's pink.

Can you describe a "gumnut", please? I can't haul that one in.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Well, we usually do coordinated now.

My grandmother has an ornament that I made for her when I was 5. It's a construction paper angel with a few remnants of gold glitter! She puts it up every year, though.

I had a feeling you guys would be going "What the fuck is a gumnut?"

So, I found a pic... they grow on the gum trees in Australia like a pine cone grows on a pine tree in North America.

There's a cartoon pic of one anyway.

FORT Fogey
    I have a 1/2 walnut shell with what used to be a mouse with a blanket in it.. like the shell was his little christmas bed,, I made it when I was little and I loved it.. but now the poor thing is just sort of this faded piece of fabric with some ratty fuzz coming out of the shell.. and it has a tail too..but I have aways put it on the tree so it goes.. maybe I will re-condition it..lol
    I started ornaments for my daughter when she was born she always gets a lamb ornament of somekind from me.. those are hard to find.. start looking.. lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast