+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "That" ornament

Well the kids decorate the tree now and they hang up the ones they love, which are all the ones they made for me over the years. Plus all the disney ones and cartoon related orniments. I do make sure my house orniments get on the tree. Plus at least one of my plastic fake apples that remind me of the fake silk apples my grandmother used to have her tree.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

the only ornament that still goes on the tree that i've had for any length of time is my Troy Aikman ornament from 1990.

One of my nieces gave me an ornament she made out of popsicle sticks. It's a really cute reindeer, but it's all faded out now. She's 15 years old, and she gave it to me when she was 7. I still put it on the tree even though it doesn't go with the yearly color theme.

We don't have any old sentimental ornaments, but like I mentioned, my stepmom gets my wife a nice ornament every Christmas, with the year on it, and so she hangs those up.

This year, it's a glass heart-shaped ornament, hand-painted from the inside! How did they do that? They must have a painter on staff the size of S5's Clay, crawled right up inside it. Anyway, it's beautiful.

i did buy a new ornament this year in honor of my little pup that passed. i found one of those shiny hand blown glass ornaments of a buff and white cocker spaniel (just like bea) in a bath full of bubbles. it hangs at the top by the star.

Sher, there's a pet store here that sells these little ornaments of dogs with halos and angels wings...I wonder if they have a website where you could order a Cocker Spaniel one online (the pet store has all kinds of breeds, so I figure a cocker spaniel one shouldn't be too hard to find...if you're interested, that is)...?

they have those at a store in the galleria, lo! they are cute! thanks!! ::heading to galleria::

eny
    FORT Fogey
    My tree is full of kid ornaments , and pics of the kids at various ages in frames. I also am collecting doggy ornaments and doggy angel ornaments. I think I have about 10 angel doggys including a scooby doo angel.I'll check them for cocker spaniels
    There is one ornament that is garfield holding a turkey I have had since I left home, but non so far back as Duckys

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Okay, this is a great thread. But my first thought was "Someone has broken into the site using Ducky's screen name." I mean, this is a very sweet, sentimental thread, and there is no mention of doing Joe Sakic or anything!

I had a nasty plastic Santa's head on top of a red plastic pine needle ball with white plastic holly berries. It was my first Christmas ornament from the tree when I was three months old. It's nasty, so I hide it deep inside the tree, but it's there. My dad has a little clown that was on a silver spoon he got for his first Christmas - 65 years ago; that clown was always the last ornament we put on the tree every year.

Joe Sakic would make the tree tip over, Wayner.

Doesn't mean he's not chained to a wall somewhere.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12