+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selfless

Having kids definitely fills your life with selfless moments.

Molly, I think you win, though.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I think wives and mothers have to be pretty selfless. Everyone elses needs come first.

But husbands should be nice to us too.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

FORT Fogey
    I don't really have a specific moment, but I've been doing 75+ hours of community service a year for 3 years now.

I'd like to think that I've done some selfless acts already but the "big one" is still yet to come. I'd hate to think at the age of 30, all my selfless acts are no longer.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I... honestly can't think of a really selfless thing that I've done before. I mean, I've helped with autistic children, but that's because my little brothers autistic, so I don't think that really counts

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I let hubby have the last cookie.....

yes this was monumentally selfless! :phhht
    It would be for me too! Sheesh.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I don't think I ever did a big selfless things.....just lots of little random acts of kindness that brighten my day. Like giving away my shopping cart without taking the quarter (our supermarket has those stupid things that you have to put a quarter in to get your cart and when you return it you get the quarter back). I love watching people's faces when I say "nope, keep your quarter. Have a nice day"

Ohhhh...when I lived in FloriDUH, I used to pay the toll for the car behind me sometimes. That freaks people out, but it was fun to do.

I sometimes pay for the person in back of me too. One year when my husband and I were on our anniversary date some people heard us talking about it being our anniversary and secretly paid for our whole meal! It was about $100! We didn't know until we went to pay or we would definitely have ordered cheaper wine!

So now I feel a responsibility to "pay it forward" but I could never afford $100 at one time so I do it in smaller increments.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12