+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I've forgotten the cranberry...

I have a butt-load of work still to do. We are shopping for our California relatives AFTER we get out there this weekend.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Most years, it's a bunch of gift certificates. This season, we decided to put an end to that, and actually bought gifts.

I think it's a little more fun. We got a lot of stuff I think our family will like.

These days, I think gifts are virtual gift certificates, anyway. Might as well at least try to hit the bulls-eye.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I don't know why, but I have a "thing" about gift certificates. I guess it's because giving one lets the recipient see how much you spent on them, when sometimes you can find something that looks much more expensive than it really is and fool 'em...

I think we are going shopping tomorrow. Unless I get called to sub, in which case we'll go Thursday!
    The tree is finally up, and my kids decorated the house weeks ago.
    Hubby is Mr. Christmas spirit. I'm a grinch this year
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by lobeck
    I don't know why, but I have a "thing" about gift certificates. I guess it's because giving one lets the recipient see how much you spent on them, when sometimes you can find something that looks much more expensive than it really is and fool 'em...
    I agree Lobes.

I was feeling a bit Grinchy for the last week or so too Cali, that could be because I've been living in a fully decorated and "treed" house since mid October
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I LOVE to get gift certificates because hauling back a load of gifts (or worse...spending $60 to ship them back - which we have had to do in the past) is a pain

And I have to say, EVERY time I see the title of this thread, I think it's referencing the Xmas song by The Waitresses...

"Spending this one alone he said, looking great this year's been crazy."

"I said me too, but why are you...you mean, you forgot cranberries, too?"
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I got gift certificates for almost everyone in the family this year.
    I know I like em! Then I can pick out my own stuff.

Pretty much everything is done over here. Hehe, and I'm going home to it all tomorrow.

Well the tree is decorated.
    Christmas shopping is almost done just 1 more gift to go.
    I sent 6 Chirstmas cards so far which is 4 more then I sent last year.
    there is one little string of lights on the bush outside, I tried to get more up but it didn't work, my husband promises to get a little more up tommorrow but he has been saying that since Thanksgiving.
    nothing is wrapped.
    I have my menu set for Christmas eve.

So far, so good.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

You sound as though you are pacing yourself quite nicely Nancy.
    Well on schedule to get everything done.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast