+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 103 123456789101151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

FORTers' consumer reports

Ok not sure how this thread will go, if it'll go at all but I figured why not give it a shot. (And I hope it's okay with moderators to post this thread as well, it's not intended for advertising, just merely people's opinions....)

A lot of times I see things in commercials & in the stores that I think "oh that would be nice to have" then I think "but does it really work as well as they claim it does?" or "how convenient is it REALLY?"
    I would much rather prefer comments from people who have actually used the item & can give me an honest, unbiased opinion. Well...there are a lot of people on the FORT from all over the country & all over the world, chances are someone's bound to have something to say about some of these products, so maybe a "Forter's consumer reports" thread would be cool?

(I've got an item I'm curious about myself, which is actually the origin of this post, I'll get to it.... hehe:-)

Anyways, this is not a spam/advertising thread of any kind, simply state your question about an item you've thought about getting & let people who have used the product or know others that have used it & commented on it respond to how THEIR experience was.

(And by all means, if you HAVENT got a clue about the product, don't reply! lol

To make it easy for everyone to scout out the products/items asked about and replied to, I suggest that everyone emphasize the product/item name with BOLD, UNDERLINE &/OR CAPITALIZED.

The replies will of course be the thoughts of people having used the items/products before and so if you buy an item that someone here likes and YOU don't like it, don't blame the one who rated the item =P

Ok, now to the thought that spawned this thread:

I love washing my car, but I've been curious about the new

MR. CLEAN AUTO DRY tool that is out on the market.

Has anyone tried this? Is it good? Is it convenient when ya wash your car, does it do a good job? How does it compare to a traditional handwash?

Well, this thread may be a fluke but hey it's worth a shot :-)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Great idea, Wynd. I have actually wondered about Clorox toilet brush the one with the disposable head. Anyone have one?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I wonder about those too Dagwood, and the Swiffer mops as well; I don't really want to pay $14 for the Swiffer when I haven't heard anything about it!(besides the ad I mean)
    OK, so to put in a good word for a product...
    I got one of those Mantis tillers; very small, 20 pounds. I was skeptical but figured I could return it if it couldnt do the job. It's every bit as good as advertised , you can really do a lot with it in a short amount of time. And unlike with the big tillers, you don't end up feeling almost as beatup as you would if you had done your digging by hand!
    Last edited by queenb; 04-26-2004 at 08:24 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Queenb, I have both the Swiffer Wet Jet and the regular Swiffer. I love them both. The Wet Jet comes with cleaner that you push a button and the stuff squirts out on the floor. You put on a pad and mop it up and it does a great job. It even has a pad on the end for scrubbing.

The regular Swiffer is great for the in between moppings...just quick spills. I tossed my mop and bucket after I tried these.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Thanks Dagwood. I'm putting those on my shopping list! :smile
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Swiffer I have the basic one that you can use wet or dry pads on. When I had a house that was filled with all tile and hardwood floors the dry pad was WONDERFUL for me. My only complaint on that is I always ended up with a little pile of things that didn't get picked up on the pad itself so I still had very minor sweeping to do to put that into a dust pan. Now that I'm in an apartment I rarely end up using that and just use the wet mopping pad and it's great!! Big thumbs up from me on the basic model with both wet and dry pick up/clean up pads.

I can say without hesitation that the shark floor sweeper isn't worth anywhere near the money. Although handy, the motor has a gear glued to it which has pretty much stripped out (a week after we bought it), and so it makes an awful racket and doesn't vacuum well. My in-laws had one do the exact same thing.

Save your money, get a swiffer wet jet.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Great idea, Wynd. I have actually wondered about Clorox toilet brush the one with the disposable head. Anyone have one?
    I have tried and definintely recommend the DISPOSABLE TOILET BRUSHES out there. There are several brands - the ones I have are made by Comet, but I have seen Scrub'n'Bubbles and other brands. Anyway, you have this little handle that with a hanger (included) to hang on the side of your toilet. The actually scrubbing device is pre-soaped, disposable and can be (some brands) flushable. The scrubbing device comes in boxes of 8 or 10 and they don't cost much. The scrubbing device that I have is rather small...so it takes a little bit more effort than a full size toilet brush...but you can really scrub away and get under the ridge easily. When you are through...just eject the ejector on the handle...flush the whole dirty mess away! I love this invention. I think it's my favorite all time convienience tool.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

I bought a Swiffer Wet Jet which was faulty. Didn't work well at all. I returned it and got the old sponge mop back out. I was disappointed that it didn't work. May try another some day. I have a Pledge Grab It that I use almost daily on the wood floors. I really like it.

I love my Swiffer Wet Jet.. and this is a ringing endorsement if there ever was one... I have 5 kiddos under 4 running around my house and it's saved me so much time!!

It's quick to pick up spills, you can get around/under just about anything and I love that the dirty pads go in the trash and you aren't just spreading dirt around. There is practically zero drying time and the Swiffer Solution has a nice scent to it.
    My only complaint is that I use it so often that it does get a little expensive. I think I paid $8.50 CDN for 24 replacement pads and it's just under $4 for every bottle of solution - they say it lasts up to 3 months but I go through one about every second week.. sometimes I can stretch it to 3 weeks.
    I love it .. but I might be willing to give it up for the Hoover Floor Mate.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread