+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 106 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

I love mine too, prhoshay. I have the Sonicare electric toothbrush. My teeth never felt so clean and slick since using it instead of the manual toothbrush.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Exactly!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Two things, for what it's worth... the kids' dentist recently said Capri Sun is a huge cause of cavities; he went so far as to say if you have any in the house, get rid of it. And.. our dental surgeon who repairs gum issues says Sonicare toothbrushes are the very best; don't put heavy pressure on gums or teeth, just take lots of time and a gentle touch for gum health and clean teeth.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I raised my son on water....generally no soda or juice in the house. We had one of those water machines with the 5 gallon water jug inverted on the top of it. Super-cold water, to the point where it tasted like a treat. Now that he's 28, I don't know what he drinks. I just don't believe in that non-stop juice. Sonnyboy also learned that his skin looked awful if he drank to much sugary stuff. That water machine was given to us as an anniversary present....a really great gift!
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have an auto-immune disease that flares up with artificial sugars. I can't chew most gum, drink diet drinks, eat artificially sweetened yoghurt etc.
    We use the Phillips Sonicare toothbrush and Sensodyne pro-namel toothpaste, Oral B ultra floss. My dental cleanings are quick and painless.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I'm a Sensodyne believer, too! My dental office gives out coupons for it.

Has anyone use those Tide Pods for the laundry? I bought a small amount and the cashier was raving about how good they are. Not having little bitties at home, I don't have to worry about somebody thinking they are candy.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Has anyone use those Tide Pods for the laundry? I bought a small amount and the cashier was raving about how good they are. Not having little bitties at home, I don't have to worry about somebody thinking they are candy.
    Not Tide, but the same type of product by another brand (All, I think) in the no-dyes, no-perfumes version. It works well, and I love not having to lug a big jug or box of detergent along with my clothes basket across the complex to the laundry room.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I got a sample with a bottle of Downy Fabric Softener. I have to read whatever instructions there are ... because I have a High Efficiency machine ... but it's a top loader. <<< Old habits die hard and I also didn't want to spend extra dollars for an empty box/drawer to put it on,

Anyway ... I am not sure where to put the pod since I have a places to put detergent, Fab softener, OxI and/or bleach.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I got a sample with a bottle of Downy Fabric Softener. I have to read whatever instructions there are ... because I have a High Efficiency machine ... but it's a top loader. <<< Old habits die hard and I also didn't want to spend extra dollars for an empty box/drawer to put it on,

Anyway ... I am not sure where to put the pod since I have a places to put detergent, Fab softener, OxI and/or bleach.
    The instructions on the package tell you to put it in on top of the clothing, or at least the instructions on package that I have does.

I got a free package of them and they aren't unscented, which is all I use. I've used them a few times, but they leave the laundry smelly. I have to wash everything a second time. I did use one on a bed skirt that had mystery stains on it and they came right out....and then I washed it a second time to get the fragrance out.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread