+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

I haven't seen it in any of the usual stores like CVS or Rite-Aid.
    It might be available at a compounding pharmacy, as it's often used as a based for custom-blended medical shampoo.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

After wanting something like this for twenty years, I finally got a paint organizer carousel. I looooooove it. It doesn't quite hold all of them, but it does and excellent job of holding the 80 most commonly used.

Paintier Products LLC, maker of carrousel organizers for craft and hobby paint
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I did some searching online last night and that's the one that I found that looked good. Nice to have a recommendation from someone who's used it! Can you only buy it online? I saw it on drugstore.com as well.

I guess if the situation becomes more serious than it is, my mom can always go to the dermatologist, but I'm pretty sure she can find a good product without paying a co-pay. Then again, maybe if she called the office they would give her a recommendation. Anyway, she mentioned it last night and I thought I'd ask here because there's always someone here who can recommend a good product!
    I was also going to recommend Free & Clear. I have not used this line of cleansers myself, but we use Vanicream which is a moisturizer made by the same company. We also tried RoBathol at the recommendation of our pediatrician when my son was having problems with dry skin and eczema on his legs. It helped clear it right up.

In my city they sell these products at Target. They are typically grouped together in a single section in the Pharmacy area, not mixed in with other shampoos and lotions. My one disclaimer is that my location is home to a major hospital institution, so I'm not sure if that makes our stores more likely to carry this type of product!

ETA: It looks like the company's website has a "Where to buy" link (upper right)...
    Sensitive Skin Care Products - Vanicream, Vaniply, Free & Clear, RoBathol
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 08-31-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

The last time I was at the grocery store, I saw some Capri Sun drinks at the end of an aisle called Roarin' Waters. It's a flavored water drink and I thought it would be a good alternative to soft drinks, which I try not to drink too much of. At the first sip, I noticed that they tasted like artificial sweetener and I was ticked off. I wouldn't have gotten them if I had known they had that crap in them. I checked the box and, sure enough, they're made with Splenda. It wasn't very noticably marked on the box (granted, I didn't think to check before I bought them). It was on the ingredient list.

What makes me most mad, though, is the pouch claims it has no artificial colors or flavors. Isn't artificial sweetener an artificial flavor???? It sure is to me. I think that if products have artificial sweeteners in them, it should be very clearly labeled on the front of the package, in large enough type to read without pulling out a magnifying glass. People could have allergies to artificial sweeteners or be like me and just plain not like them.

It's bad enough that I can't hardly find gum or mints that don't have artificial sweetener in them. Now I'm going to have to scan every other grocery item I buy that could possibly have a sweetener in them? Grrr!

Anyway, to keep on track with this thread, the juice itself tastes fine and if you can't tell the taste of artificial sweeteners, you'll probably like these. If artificial sweeteners do taste funny to you, you might want to pass on these drinks.

Thank you, Pikachu!
    I object to artificial sweeteners not so much because of the taste (I'm used to the taste because my parents started putting me on diets at age 5. With a lifesaving gastric bypass to jump-start a huge lifestyle change, luckily I'm off the lifelong diet yo-yo.), but because of how horribly BAD they are for health -- whether cancer risks or metabolic eff-ups.
    I am shocked -- for real -- that so many diabetes educators (I used to have Type 2) and nutrition publications STILL recommend artificial sweeteners. Have they sold out? Or are they just plain stupid?
    Real, unrefined sugar (whether cane, honey, maple...) in small quantities is so much more satisfying and healthy that the artificial crap.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    It's bad enough that I can't hardly find gum or mints that don't have artificial sweetener in them. Now I'm going to have to scan every other grocery item I buy that could possibly have a sweetener in them?
    Glee gum. You can buy it here: Glee Gum - All natural chewing gum and educational kits for kids or in health food stores.
    Ellen likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Thanks for the tip, Rattus! I checked and Glee gum is sold at a World Market near me. I'll have to try it and might even buy some to use as stocking stuffers for a Christmas party I'm going to.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Does anyone know of someone who has an Emmi-dent Ultrasonic toothbrush? It gets great reviews on Amazon.com, and it costs a mere $189.00!!! Apparently, you don't BRUSH with it, but you hold it over areas of your teeth....which takes some getting used to. It also recommends their special toothpaste, called a "nano-toothpaste", which is about $6/tube. It sounds interesting and is reported to really make a difference in your dental cleanings. I think I"ve got a cleaning appointment coming up in February and I look forward to what they have to say about it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

What do you mean by hold it over the teeth? Does it come in contact with the teeth? If not, what is the purpose of toothpaste? If so, how is it different from any other (cheaper) ultra sonic electric toothbrushes? I've used one (Oral Care?) for several years now and it really cleaned up my gums and plaque. They do take some getting used to. At first it felt like my brain was buzzing, but I don't even notice that now. It's true you don't "brush" just move it around. I like that part, being the epitome of lazy.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

From what I read, it does not come into contact with your teeth, and it removes stains and tartar, so it whitens, too. It is claimed (by users) that it makes a difference in your breath. Buzz over to Amazon and do some reading when you have some time. Even the "bad" reviews seem pretty good.

I, too, am a fan of my "electric" toothbrush, and I use it in combination with Plax and my newly discovered Sensodyne, and it really does a good job. I think it brushes better than any manual toothbrush.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread