+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 103 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: FORTers' consumer reports

Re: FORTers' consumer reports

I only bought it because I couldn't find anything else. Like I mentioned upthread, Resolve ruined my parents' carpet, so I'm a bit wary of using any of their products. I have my fingers crossed that this ends up working and I don't regret it down the road.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Can anyone recommend a good (and not too expensive) brand of hypo-allergenic shampoo and conditioner? My mom has just developed a sensitivity to the Aveda products she's been using for a few years and is looking for something else. She's got sensitive skin and is allergic to fragrance, so I think the list of potential brands is pretty short.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

She would do well to visit a dermatologist.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'd start with baby shampoo.
    Count your blessings!

The good thing about dermatologists is that they give you lots of free samples, and anything like that can be pretty expensive.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Which offsets what you have to pay to see a dermatologist!

Maybe her health is worth it? I know my mother's sure would be.

Pretty sure she's going to see what she can find in stores before going to a doctor over some occasional skin irritation.

Our dermatologist recommended Free & Clear shampoo and conditioner. It's fragrance-free, and doesn't contain the usual allergens. We get it on Amazon. While not cheap, it's less expensive than most salon brands.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Our dermatologist recommended Free & Clear shampoo and conditioner. It's fragrance-free, and doesn't contain the usual allergens. We get it on Amazon. While not cheap, it's less expensive than most salon brands.
    I did some searching online last night and that's the one that I found that looked good. Nice to have a recommendation from someone who's used it! Can you only buy it online? I saw it on drugstore.com as well.

I guess if the situation becomes more serious than it is, my mom can always go to the dermatologist, but I'm pretty sure she can find a good product without paying a co-pay. Then again, maybe if she called the office they would give her a recommendation. Anyway, she mentioned it last night and I thought I'd ask here because there's always someone here who can recommend a good product!

+ Reply to Thread